Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan Today....Very Nervous

Morning Ladies,

Finding it difficult to function this morning as I have my second scan appt this afternoon to see if bubs has a heartbeat and to check poles. Feeling really nervous as I keep thinking that when we get there there won't be a heartbeat!!! Trying not to stress out too much as I still have all my symptoms (although nausea is subsiding thank god!!)

Just need abit of virtual support!!!

I will let you all know how I get on.

Chelb13 xxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm sure everything will b fine honey, try and not get yourself too worked up and look forard to seeing your little one wriggling about. Good luck x
  • Options
    Sending hugs to you. I hope it all goes well.

Emma xx
  • Options
    Hope all goes well today x x
  • Options
    Hope all is well. X x
  • Options
    How did you get on Chelb? Fingers crossed everything was great?

• Options
    Fingers crossed for you hope all is well xx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

The scan went great!!! Sonographer found a very strong heartbeat straight away and measurements showed I was a few days ahead of what we thought so i've amended my ticker to show 8 weeks today!!!!! EDD has also been brought forward to the 28th April, just 4 days after my Mum's birthday!!!

Seeing bubs on the screen was just fantastic and because I'm away on holiday for weeks 12 and 13 they said I will have to go back for my scan before I go away as it will be too late to do it when I come back so only got around 4 weeks until we see bubs again!!!! AWESOME!!!!

What they can tell on that fuzzy screen is AMAZING!! She said that I ovulated from my right ovary and that bubs is laying on the left hand side of my uterus and that the placenta is already thickening and so my sickness should subside gradually over the next week or so!!!!

I'm just so pleased that everything turned out ok and bubs is a strong one!!!

Hope everyone else is feeling okay!!!

Chelb13 xxx
  • Options
    Ah amazing chelb13 - congrats!!!

Your first scan sounds very similar to my first at exactly 8 weeks - I was equally amazed by the ovary thing! And such a relief to see the heartbeat! Next few weeks will fly by now and we'll all be so happy to get to 12 weeks.

xx
  • Options
    That's amazing news- glad all was well. image
  • Options
    Well done Chelb, that's great news!
  • Options
    Thats great news - its amaazing how they can tell you all that! x x
  • Options
    So glad everything is ok xx
  • Options
    Brilliant news Chelb, so glad everything is looking well & healthy image xx