Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Midwife called!!

Just had a phone call from the midwife asking if she could pop round tomo lunchtime!!!

I didn't think they'd come on a Sunday!!! Excited!!

Does anyone know what will happen at this meeting?

I'm nervous and excited!!

X x

Replies

• they'll go through ur notes check your history n basically get an idea of the care u want/need n where u plan on having your baby.

exciting stuff I had my booking in app yesterday just makes it all a bit more real.

my midwife booked my scan while she was here so if you've not got a scan date yet shw may do that too.

my midwife only works 3 days a wk so I guess they just come when they can n I hires in their job they have to work every day.

xx
  • How exciting. image My midwife appt isn't till the 3rd October but can't wait to get things going.

I hope the appt goes well. Xx
  • Thanks guys will let u know how goes!!

Just waiting for her now

X x x
  • Hey Faye,

How did your midwife visit go? Did it make the whole thing more real?

Even though I've got symptoms and I've had an early scan, I still can't believe there is a baby growing inside me. Xx
  • I thought I'd posted an update obv didn't come out!!!

Yeah it went really well just took a load of info from us both, told us what to expect, when our mw appt will b etc. Then because it was a Sunday she couldn't do the bloods, sample. So another mw came this morning and did all of that.

Yeah it all feels real, but still part if ne doesn't believe like u said there's a baby growing inside!! Even though I do have lots of symptoms!!

I just can't wait for my letter to tell me when my scan is!! I winder how long I have to wait for the date. If it's a couple if weeks till I get the letter then the appt is a few weeks after I could b 14 weeks by then!! I'm tempted to call the altrasound number in my pack and try and book a scan!!!

X x
  • Glad your appointment went well. Have you got your scan date yet? xxx
  • Heya Shell

No scan date yet.....i am waiting till thurs then i might ring them as il be 11 weeks by then and my scan should be end of next week or beinning of the next....i cannot wait!

I have been worrying myself silly that something is going to go wrong!! I just want my scan and hopefully then i will relax a bit!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Hi Faye, Glad your appt went well, when do you get results from bloods etc? I'm sure everything is perfect but hope you don't have to wait too long for your scan to be certain. image I'd defo give them a call to chase them up, they can be a bit slack in some areas!

I've got my midwife appt on Monday, I can't wait, practically counting the minutes.image
  • I have no idea about getting results if the bloods etc i just assumed if I didn't hear anything from the about it then all ok!! Mmm maybe I should check that!!

Well I couldn't wait re scan as hubby is away not next week but week after so I'd have had to wait for scan at 14 weeks and there's no way I could have waited till then so called them up and asked as hubby is away the following week can I book the scan now!!

So I now have my 12 week scan on 6th when I think il b exactly 12 weeks!!

I can't wait so excited!!

U not had a mw appt yet Gem?

How u feeling?

X x
  • Hey Faye,

I wouldn't worry too much about blood tests. The results will probably just stay with your notes and I'm sure they'd tell you if there was anything they were concerned with. Yeah! For your scan on the 6th. So good that you can do it when your hubby is there. image

Nope, I've not seen a midwife yet. I spoke with my doc really early on and she referred me to my choice of hospital then they just sent a letter through with dates. Midwife appt, which includes blood tests etc is on the 3rd Oct and scan is on 17th Oct where I should be just over 13 weeks. I live in North London and where I am the demand for midwives far outweighs the number available so I guess they just fit you in where possible. Still seems like a century away before my scan!!

Yeah! We're not too far from the 12 week mark at last. How have your symptoms been? I'm still nauseous on and off through the day and quite tired but not too bad. image
  • Yeah I'm really pleased they booked us in for next week I'd hate to have waited till i was 14 weeks! Or when hubby wasn't here!

Ah yeah I guess there must b a high demand in the area and not enough of them to go round. Least uv got dates for everything that's good.

I'm pretty much the same as u still get a bit of nausea sometimes and tiredness.

Ooohhh so tired!! It does feel like it's easing a little.

I just no this week is going to go sooooo slow leading up to the scan!!

Hope all is gd with u Hun x c