Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

AngelSounds Dopplers

Hey ladies

I remember reading on a thread that one of you had heard baby's heartbeat already with the home doppler, but I'm afraid I can't remember who it was to check the thread.

So I just thought I'd ask again, if that's OK! How early on is it possible to hear it? I thought it was about 14 weeks, but I don't think any of us have reached that far yet, so maybe I'm wrong...

Anyone know?

Thanks a million!

KP xxx

PS - sorry, but my early scan has just been canceled because the sonographer is sick, so I'm trying to find other ways to reassure myself! image

Replies

• Hi yes, sorry to g/c but think I can help.

I have tried a few dopplers and I found that the Angel Sounds works very well earlier on. I actually found this baby at 10 weeks. Just a word of advice, If you cannot find your baby you WILL worry and it is awful. Just be prepared image
  • hiya hun.....I posted a few days ago about my early scan and hearing the heartbeat.

I heard it first with Chloe at 10 weeks and with this little beanie at what I now know from the scan to be 8+4.

However......it did take lots of time to hear it and even so I don't hear it for long periods....perhaps 10 seconds or so and then beanie moves. And on some attempts I don't hear it. I wouldn't advise everyone tries searching for it so early....but given the losses I have experienced I get great comfort from listening. Even though I do panic if I can't find it. If you've not listened before it can take quite a bit to get used to all the different sounds that you hear down there, i.e placenta, gas etc. and you may miss it, however if you have used a doppler frequently before you will know what is you and what is baby.

Please just remember that midwives won't even attempt to listen for you until the 16 week mark because not finding it can cause worry. Please also remember that if you have an anterior placenta you won't hear bubba for a long time yet.

I am using a Hi-Bebe doppler with tons of gel, a very full bladder, a cushion under my bum when I lie down and plenty of time to have a good search around starting right down by your pubic bone. This beanie seems higher up than Chloe was at this stage but this could be due to my uterus and muscles not having fully returned to normal as its not been long since I gave birth.

Please don't worry if you can't hear anything yet...its common for many ladies to not hear anything until well into their 2nd trimester

Take care

Sue xx
  • Hi Hun

I'm currently 23weeks and found the heartbeat at 11w 2d, but was hunting for it for nearly an hour, by the time I found it I had tears running down my face and was sure it was another m/c!! However, I recorded it and listened to it every few days for reassurance which was really nice.

I then didnt find it again for 3 weeks and once I found it again I never tried again. It was too worrying everytime I failed to find it!!

Good luck if you try to locate the heartbeat and please don't worry if you can't, its super teeny tiny at the mo!

Good luck, good luck image

Rxx
  • I heard this lo and last at about 10 weeks with my angel sounds image