Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Putting too much weight on :/

Hi all

Just asking your advice really :/ I am 8 weeks and two days pregnant and told my boss today. She said she wasn't surprised as I have put on weight! I am now totally paranoid that I'm overeating (Which I know I am because i often feel lightheaded and therefore have chocolate etc). I've put on about 7lb already and am getting really down about how much of a pig I'm being! I do find that eating helps the nausea slightly but I can't keep on like I have been!

Replies

• Options
    G/crashing from January but wanted to respond. Your boss is an absolute cow to say that to you, thats really not nice!

Secondly I put on weight very quickly too with both my son and this pregnancy but have found recently it's evened out. i was showing from about 8/9 weeks and put a stone on but haven't actually put anymore weight on, and actually feel like my face has slimmed down quite a bit. In the beginning i was either ravenous or feeling sick and eating helped. If it makes you feel better, then eat, at the end of the day its your body telling you it needs it!I'm sure it'll all even out for you like it did me!
  • Options
    grrrr to ure boss how insenstive.... prob jelous hun

if eating helps with u feeling sick then so be it and like was said above it will even out hun xx
  • Options
    What a complete b*tch! I'm 10 weeks today and have also put on 7lb....although none in the last week or two. I'm also eating sugary carbs to keep the nausea at bay like i did with ds. Personally I'd rather put on more than necessary and have a healthy baby than watch what I eat while pregnant - with ds I put on 4 stone (maybe more once I stopped weighing myself) but did lose it all, although it took a whole year xx
  • Options
    Firstly, try not to worry - I put on more weight in the begining and had people comment about how big I was (people were really really rude saying I was going to have a big baby and that I'd gained it all in my hips!), but it evened out over my pregnancy and towards the end I was getting lectured about how small I was and asked if I was starving myself! In truth I didnt eat any differently to how I normally eat, at the begining I gained water and it went around three months before I started showing properly at four months. My baby is now 8 weeks old and I have just 5lb of baby weight to lose before Im back my pre pregnancy weight.

Secondly, if you have identified that your diet isn't as healthy as you would like it to be, just make a few little changes to ensure that when your placenta begins to nourish your baby your little bean is getting the best. Good luck and ignore peoples comments, everyone thinks they have the right to comment but they dont! xx
  • Options
    Aww Hun don't worry about it. If it helping your nausea i'd say it's worth it. I'm sure it will even out too. Mine's the opposite, it's making me struggle to eat so I've probably lost weight. Someone at work who doesn't know I'm pregnant yet told me I'm wasting away!
  • Options
    I always put more wieght on in the first few months. I think i've put on about 13lbs so far (i've got quite a big bump) but it doesn't bother me because i know it will even out later on. I've always gone back to my pre-preg weight pretty quick. Try not to worry hun and ignore your bitch of a boss! :lol:
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your lovely replies everyone, it really has made me feel better! Thank you. I am just so thrilled to be pregnant that I was hoping for a better response and I guess it just knocked me a bit! Thank you again x
  • Options
    I'm glad its not just me, I've gained almost the same as you (ok probably more but i haven';t been back on the scales) and i'm only 8+5 wks, but for similar reasons i'm eating to stave off sickness and the wrong things too. Have also given up smoking and was on quite a restricted reduced diet before, so dramatic changes to me.

Part of me is fed up and feels big but then i know i'll only get bigger and it's my choice to eat the rubbish and not snack on brocolli! Plus it'll all come off again after i've got a yummy baby here next year!

I havent told my bosses yet but i know if they said something like that i'd probably punch them, my mother on the other hand will say something like that for sure!