Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

So nervous about scan

Hi all! Hope you're all doing well! I'm just posting really because I can't stop thinking about my scan. it's not until Wednesday and I literally can't stop thinking about it! I am so scared that when I get there, there will be no heartbeat or something equally devastating. I will be 9 + 2 on Wednesday (all being well) but this is my 12 week scan as they think I am 11 + 2 (i have really really long cycles so I am pretty sure the baby will measure closer to 9 than 11). I don't feel as sick as I have done, although still a bit queasy and sore boobs etc, I just want it to be Wednesday already! I haven't had any early scans or anything so this will be my first time seeing the baby and I just so so want everything to be ok.

Well sorry about the long post, just had to do something if only to stop annoying my hubby!!

Thanks for reading

Sunshine

Replies

• I know how you feel , we have an early scan tomorrow as had a little bit bleeding and cramps on wednesday. I've had no more since then though and still feel sick and very nausea but still so worried incase something is wrong.

With my DS i was the same, at my 12 weeks scan you had to buy a token to get a photo and I wouldn't buy one incase there was nothing to take a photo off but all was fine and it was the most amazing feeling ever when I seen him moving all over.

Good Luck Hope It all goes well on Wednesday for you x x
  • TpIm sure everything will be fine, im sure everyone including me felt like this, its only natural. I have my second one thursday as i was only 11 weeks on my first 1 and still feel excited But nervous. image x
  • I have my first scan a week tomorrow and I'm convinced that there will be nothing there. Feel terrible about it but can't help it. Other than sickness I haven't had many other symptons. Spoke to a few of my friends who have children and they said they felt the same too.

I am sure everything will be fine for all of us x
  • I think we've all felt this way, even when we've had an early scan but sure everything will be fine and you'll be smiling away all day xand if your right about your dates then you'll get to see it all again in a few weeks too, bonus!
  • Hi all!

Thanks for all your support- I wanted to give you an update! Scan went really well image She's dated me at 10 weeks and heartbeat was there and she said everything was fine for this stage in development and she'll see me again at 20 weeks! Am so delighted. Thanks again for all your reassurance earlier this week!