Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Loss of symptoms :(

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to see if anyone else's sickness has gone? I'm 10+5 today & have been suffering from really, really bad sickness (not actually being sick but very nauseous all day long) since very early on, probably only a few days after conception. Anyway, nothing had changed on Thursday but then on Friday I woke up & the sickness seemed to have totally gone. I've been suffering with a sore throat, ears & cough since Friday but i'm guessing this is totally unrelated to the pregnancy as it seems to be going around just now but I haven't felt sick at all. I feel totally stupid as i've been moaning about how terrible i've been feeling due to the sickness but now that it appears to have suddenly gone i'm worried sick & just want it back as reassurance image . I know the sickness is meant to ease off but I didn't expect it to be so sudden plus I thought that was usually after 12-14 weeks so worried its too soon. I'm just so so scared that something has gone wrong but not getting my 12 week scan until a week tomorrow.

Sorry to go on but just had to get that out - my OH keeps saying everything will be fine & not to worry but kind of feel like he doesn't really understand & don't want to keep harping on about it to him.

Has anyone else experienced this? I just so want to get to my scan date & everything to be fine & healthy but i'm convinced its going to be bad news now. This is my first pregnancy so really don't know what to expect image

L xx

Replies

• I had a few days last week of feeling ok. The nausea had died down and I wasnt feeling as tired. Then it came back with avengance and I had to have a day off work as it knocked me for 6! Its now worse at night again.

Try not to worry...hopefully we are getting to the "blooming" stage where you feel good. I have my 12 week scan next monday also and I cannot wait!

Shell xx
  • Hi i had same thing really mine calmed down abit , but then they came back and this past week have been feeling very sick again . With my last pregnancies i didn't feel like this at all so think it just depends . Try not to worry about it i know its hard image

Take care x
  • Mine calmed down a bit then came back full force - hope it is nothing to worry about but it's totally normal to worry about everything. Take care and enjoy the nauseous-free daysimage x
  • Hi Lorna, In a similar way to the other ladies, I had all day nausea from weeks 6-8 then for a couple of days I suddenly felt fine which panicked me also. I had a private scan at just over 8 weeks which showed everything was fine and rest assured my nausea came back with a vengeance.image

You'll probably find your symptoms come right back in full force but if not then its probably just because the placenta has finally kicked in and is doing its job!

Hope everything is well with your scan. Xx
  • GC from DIM, but my sickness stopped at 10wks this time, as opposed to about 14wks with DD. Every pg is different. Do not worry at all, unless you are having serious pains and/or bleeding, loss of nausea means you're just lucky, not that anything's wrong. xx
  • Thank you so much for all your comments girls, it has helped to reassure me. I don't think i'll properly stop worrying until our wee bubba is here (at which point i'll then no doubt have a whole lifetime of worry ahead!!) but its still nice to hear. I've got my booking in appointment with my midwife tomorrow which i'm so nervous about (not good with needles & know it involves bloods being taken!) but also excited about it being another step closer then its scan time next Tuesday, yey!!!!

Thanks again, lots of love to you all xx