Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had my scan!

Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been round for ages but I never seem to be able to get on the laptop at the moment.

Anyway I had my scan today, yay! Baby was upside down and kept turning round so we couldn't get a really decent picture but the sonographer didn't charge us for them! Baby measuring about a week ahead so I'm now due 30 March, but I think I'll flit between the two due in forums as if I'm late I'll still be an April mummy. We had the NT measurements and that's within the normal parameters so fingers crossed the bloods will be too.

Bad news was though that my bp was already raised (not much though). I had pre-eclampsia last time so that was worrying. They did it three times and all were slightly high. So I have to go fortnightly for a bp check until 28 weeks and then weekly thereafter. I also have to have two extra growth scans because my dd was small for dates.

20 week scan is on 14 November, not long to wait now!

Replies

• Glad to hear the scan was good. Hope your BP is ok, good that they're going to monitor it closely.
  • yayyy glad everything went well its so nice seeing that little bean isn't it image

I have low bp and feel really dizzy all the time its horrid but fc it will calm down soon .

Take Care image
  • Glad all is well with baby! image

Hope you manage to avoid the PE this time round.

xx
  • Congratulations, glad your scan went well. image

I hope your bp calms down. Could it have just been a bit high because you were maybe a bit stressed about the scan? At least they'll keep a close eye on it. image
  • Thanks guys! Gen - normally that sort of thing doesn't affect my bp, but I suppose when she said it was slightly high the first time she did it that probably made me anxious!! I've been to the gp's surgery this morning to get the next 6 weeks worth of appointments for bp, next midwife appointment and my flu jab appointment so I'm going to be spending a lot of time there!
  • A-n-m are they giving you the flu jab because you're pregnant? Is that common practice 'up there'? xx
  • So pleased everything went well with the scan. Its good that they are keeping such a close eye on your BP. My scan is tomorow, im so excited.

Kayssis, I think the health authority advises all pregnant ladies to have flu jabs now.

Emma XX
  • Hmm...will have to investigate, thanks hun, never got the swine flu jab when I was pregnant with ds 2 years ago so unless they're just slack round here :roll:
  • Kayssis - yes it's standard practice for pg women "up" here, I think it is everywhere now. I had it with S too, but I also have asthma so am doubly at risk when pg. I usually have to ask for it but when I was pg with S they sent me an appointment automatically.

Good luck for tomorrow Emma xx
  • So glad your scan went well & good news that they're monitoring your BP closely - fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse.

Its so nice that we're all finally getting to the 12 week mark image

Emma, good luck with your scan xx
  • Pregnant ladies get the flu jab round here too

xx