Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

12+5 - not heard from midwife, anyone else?

As the subject says, I've tried chasing them but they seem to be pants. I know second time round you don't get as much attention but what's the latest anyone has heard from their midwife before starting to get a bit pushy and making a complaint?!

Replies

• Hey, I would definately call them and keep bugging them until they give you a date. I thought it was quite important to have the bloods and the scan done before a certain time?

Good luck!! xx
  • 13+6 is the cut off for nuchal screening, I'd definitely be on their case hun xx
  • Yep, I would get pestering if I were you. That seems really late. X
  • have u called them to make the booking in appt? that seems a bit strange!

i know u see them less 2nd time, im a bit confused as to why, im still very scared as this pregnancy is 100% different *eeeeeep*

hope u hear from them soon, my MW is totally useless and ive dropped off 3 urine samples for this 'UTI' she says I have.... except she keeps loosing the samples... and that was 8 weeks ago??? gah!
  • Get pestering her hon. If you're having no luck ring your gp surgery as they will be able to speak to her when she comes in for her usual clinic and will give her a nudge.

First time round mine took weeks to respond, but I left a message every day until she did! This time she rang me back five minutes after I left the first message so it's really hit and miss.
  • I've had my scan - I chased that separately because I knew they were going to be pants. I know they're busy and stuff but it just seems ridiculous. I got a letter when I first went to my doctor from the local midwives saying they'd contact me at 10 weeks. Well, I was 10 weeks 3 weeks ago!! I'll chase them again but I'm almost tempted to see how long I can go before they'll bother with me but I don't want to put my baby at risk. Luckily, because I had UTIs and fluid on my kidney last time I have got dipsticks at home so if I think I have a uti I'll go straight to my fab doctor and I know he'll be outraged I've not been seen.

13 weeks tomorrow...it still doesn't seem real!
  • my MW thinks i have a UTI... how would i know if had one? would it burn when i pee?? im worried as i sent them the sample and they cocked it up and need another one... 7 weeks ago.

i really wish i could go private!!! i do love the NHS theyve done amazing things for my family but the MWs in my area are crap.
  • Muppet have you had your bloods done and got your green notes yet? Xx
  • nope, no bloods done yet and no green notes. image

Rosie - not necessarily would it burn, it doesn't alwaysimage x
  • I would defo chase them up ! I think its really bad that no one had contacted you and i would make my feelings heard as well !!Its wrong that we have to do all the chasing around after them image .

Hope you get sorted soon image