Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

2nd time mums - blood tests

Hiya

Following on from the fact I haven't had my midwife appt, I just wanted to know if those of you who are 2nd time mums have had any bloods taken at all?

I know first time I had one to check rubella etc but obv that still stands that I'm immune.

Anyone not had any bloods taken?

Thanks - I've left a snotty message with the midwives on Friday and they still haven't returned my call.

Replies

• Yes, I've had all the same bloods I had the first time round including the rubella immunity test.

Hope the MW gets back to you soon!

xx
  • Ive had all the bloods taken they took first time round as well. Midwife give me info on my appointments I'll have and its exactly the same as the first time round don't see her any less.

My MW not soo good either though - I seen her at 7 weeks and she still hasn't posted my paper work for my scan - well she says she has but said it must of got lost in the post so looks like am going be past 12 wks before I get my scan.

Its shocking that your over 13wks and they havn't been in touch with you yet , you shouldn't have to chase them, hope she gets in touch soon with you x x
  • same bloods here.

grrrr to ur midwife!
  • All the same bloods here too, it's very naughty of them, hope they're in touch very soon x
  • They will give you the exact same bloods as your first x
  • Ok, not what I was expecting to hear - I'm going to chase them again on Monday. Wish me luck!
  • I've had all the same as last time, plus I've had the bloods for downs etc already as they now do NT screening at the 12 week scan too. Your MW sounds a bit useless!
  • I also had all the same bloods taken as last time round. Hope you manage to speak to someone and get it sorted soon x
  • Hi, I also had the same blood tests done. I cant believe your midwifes havenet spoken to you yet, they sound useless. I only found out my scan date at my midwife appt, I never had a letter through and Ill be just 13 wekks when I have the scan.

If I were you Id call and check if you have a date for your scan, cos you dont want to miss that!

Hope they sort it out x