Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan tomorrow!!.......,

And I'm really excited but also very scared!

For those of u already had there's, how long are u there? Do u have to take a urine sample with u?

Do they tell u straight away baby is all ok, or does it take a while??

I am so scared they are going to tell me there us something wring or there is no baby or something!! I know it's Williams I'm sure it will b ok, but I can't help worrying!!

X x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Faye,

I've not had my scan yet, still got 12 days to wait... not that I'm counting.image Just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow. I'm sure everything will be perfect but can understand why your nervous. I hope you're able to keep yourself busy in the meantime. What time is your appt? Xx
  • Options
    Thanks Gen.

Yeah keeping myself busy today trying to not think about it too much! It's at 10.30 so luckily don't have to wait all day!!

How far will u be then I thought u were about the same as me?

X x x x
  • Options
    Good luck at your scan...it's very nerve wracking isn't it!?

I had mine on Monday and was in about 20 min including paperwork and booking next scan.

I didn't have to take a urine sample but you do need a full bladder for scan!

Our sonographer told us straight away that baby was there and showed up heartbeat before doing the measurements and checking everything image

I hope today doesn't drag on for you!!

xx
  • Options
    I didn't have to do a urine sample, but as I was having the combined test for Down's, they do take a blood test after the scan to go with the nuchal thickness measurements they take during the scan.

They told me then that everything looks fine, but I have to wait for the combined test results (you get a phone call within 5 days if you're high risk and a letter within 2 weeks if you're low risk in this area).
  • Options
    Hi I had my scan on Monday, im up in Scotland so not sure if we are a bit different but I will tell you what happened at mine.

I had been told to take a urine sample but completely forgot, oops. Went in for my scan about 2ish and the baby showed up right away, the sonographer showed us the heartbeat and moved the scanner thing around so we could see all the arms and legs. I then had to go out and pee to see if it would move baby into the right position for the head measurement. this never worked so had to wait a bout ten minutes and fill my bladder again. It worked the next time. I was in for about an hour for the scan.

I then had to go for my booking in appointment which took about 40 mins. Was a bit longer as I had to talk to the doctor about the injections I have to take to stop blood clots.

My scan was great and I was surprised at how clear it was.

My tip is make sure you eat something, I could only manage half a roll and by the time I was getting blood taken I was starving.

Good Luck for tomorrow
  • Options
    Good luck for tomorrow! I had my scan last week and I was in and out really quickly :/ but it was amazing! The baby came up really quickly and they showed us its limbs and took its measurements and that was it! Got everything crossed for you tomorrow, keep us posted!x
  • Options
    Thanks guys I am so excited! Don't think il sleep much tonight!!

Will let u know how it goes!! Aarrgghhh so excited!!

X x
  • Options
    Hi Faye, Yes, I'm only a couple of days behind you but I'll be more than 13 weeks at my 12 week scan.

Let us know how you go. X
  • Options
    Good luck and enjoy hun! Only one more week to wait for me xx
  • Options
    OMG It was amazing...... we are over the moon!

I was so scaried they would say there is nothing there you must have imagined your pregnant... silly i know!! But i was sooo worried didnt sleep a wink last night!

But all was amazing! They put my due date back to 24th April and said i am a little behind 12 weeks at 11+2

But very clear pictures, i will try and post them for you too see!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    image fab news! Glad all went well and you got some nice piccies

xx
  • Options
    Yeah, congratulations! Glad all went well. image Can't wait to see pics. Xxx
  • Options
    YAY! Glad it went well! So pleased for you image xxx
  • Options
    That's great news!! I have been keeping an eye out for ur update with ur scan and really pleased all is well. The picture is fab congrats again xx
  • Options
    Lovely picture Faye image xx
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I feel far more relaxed now we have had the scan!!

Hope all is well with everyone x x