Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Maternity clothes

Has anyone succumbed yet? I got mine out at the weekend, but they were all packaged in those vacuum bags and are so creased, they look like rags! Having to wash the lot.

I'm fine with normal tops although I have a little bit of a bump now but some of my jeans (I wear jeans for work) are getting a little tight. I wore my "thin" jeans on Monday and had to undo them in the car on the way home as they were really uncomfy! I've got a belly belt thing from last time that acts as an extender for the button, but not all my tops are long enough to cover it.

I know I'll be really bored of my maternity clothes by the time it gets to April, so I'm trying to hold out as long as possible, but man, those elasticated waistbands are sooooo comfy!

Replies

• I have!! Got hubby to pull them down from the loft - now although they have not been up there too long mine also needed a good wash and iron!

The only problem I have is that all my maternity clothes are summer items - so will need to get out there and purchase jumpers and even a jacket!

Ive started to wear a couple of the tshirts just because they are so comfy and nice and long - im afraid my skinny jeans have been put to he back of the wardrobe and my 'looser' jeans and trousers are getting worn to death!

The elasticated waistbands are still a little large (think i may have stretched them to their full capacity last time lol) but i do also remember them being very comfy! Xx
  • im in mine well jeans anyway have got a bump already so none of my bottoms fit image My mat jeans are so comfy ,to be honest i have been wearing leggings and long tunics and got some lovely knitted dresses to go over them for the winter i think that pretty much what i shall live in image

I have got some Normal vest tops from Miss Selfridges and they are great long and wash really well i have been wearing them with leggings and a long denim shirt that comfy as well

image xx
  • I don't have a bump yet, still in my size 8's, hopefully soon otherwise no one will believe I'm pregnant! Over 14 weeks now.
  • Funnily enough my skinny jeans are the ones that still fit, maybe because they're a bit lower cut that my bootcut ones!
  • Not yet although was going to ask oh to get them out the loft before I dropped 10lbs with my stomach bug at the weekend. With ds I stayed in my normal (albeit fat) jeans with a bump band throughout. Luckily ds was an April baby too so all my clothes are the right season at least x
  • im having the opp problem really cos have had a bad time with morning sickness-day sickness, ive dropped a dress size so ive had buy clothes size smaller, gd in one way i suppose im not the smallest of people so cud afford lose a few pound - stone haha ... xx
  • I've just got mine out of the loft and am going to go through them all this weekend I don't need them just yet as suffering from hyperemesis for the last 7 weeks has meant that I'm 14 weeks and only put on 4lbs so far. With my DD i had put on a stone by now! I'm just making do with leggings at the moment.
  • I have bought some work maternity skinny trousers and i loooove them! So comfy. Will need some jeans pretty soon fo4 home, im 15 weeks 1 day n really starting to show now, loving my little bump! X image
  • I think i'll have to hit the shops for some mat clothes pretty soon too. I'm outgrowing my fat clothes rapidly and i think most of it is self inflicted through eating to avoid nausea, rather than bump but i think there is a small bump too.

Luckily I didn't bother keeping my old mat clothes as they would have been way to big anyway, so now i need to shop all over again! Any recommendations?