Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Had my scan today :)

Hey ladies,

I had my 12 weeks scan today at 13 + 1 and it was amazing. image Baby was super active and the sonographer struggled to take a picture and do the measurements cause it was jumping up and down so much... we think it's going to be a gymnast.image

Am so relieved to see that everything was growing well and as it should be. I had scared myself silly looking at horror stories of missed miscarriages etc

Our 20 week scan is booked for 6 weeks time for when I should be 19 weeks... so excited!! imageimage

Replies

• Hi Gen82UK - it's so exciting isn't it!! We had a similar experience with the baby jumping around - I was talking about how baby clearly took after his/her dad as it wouldn't behave itself - when my Mum reminded me that I was a gymnast as a child/teenager and perhaps it took after me after all! Despite having to wait around for so long to get baby into position, I enjoyed every second watching all the movement - so reassuring!

Hoping to get my next scan for 19 weeks, as otherwise I will have to wait until 22 weeks as I'll be in the UK for 3 weeks (we live abroad and don't really want to pay privately unless I have to). Not long for us all to wait now. Are you finding out the sex? I'm so excited that we'll know in a month's time! Want to start buying blue or pink things and starting to think about the nursery!
  • Glad it went well, not too long until the next one!
  • Thanks ladies. image

HappyMarried, I used to be a ballet dancer so my Mum is now convinced that baby is going to be a dancer. image I'm the same as you though, although we had to wait around for quite a bit, I didn't mind as it just meant we got to watch baby for longer. Still can't believe that what I saw on the screen is going on in my tummy!!

I think we are going to find out the sex, I don't think I'll be able to wait till baby is born snd like you I can't wait to start planning the nursery. image All seems very real now!! xx
  • Glad all went well! image

xx
  • Glad it went well, it's always scary going for the 12wk scan xx