Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012

Really Silly but is bowling safe ??

Hi all image

Prob a really silly question but we're going bowling next sat and i hadn't really thought anything about it we've even booked and paid , then chatting to a friend yesterday and she was shocked that i was bowling as she'd been told not to because if the lifting and straining !

I must admit I've never heard this one before so not sure what to do now ????

Seems silly not being able to bowl ! maybe things have changed since my last pregnancy because i'm sure we went bowling then .

Anyone heard anything like this ??

Replies

• I used to work in a bowling alley and the general weight limit advised to stick to is 15lbs and below so as long as you avoid the heavy 16lb bowling balls and no your limits (take things easy) then you shouldn't have a problem (most women bowl 10-12lb balls). Hope this helps.
  • Hadn't even thought about this and bowled when I was 6 weeks pregnant - to be honest, I can't lift the heavy ones anyway, so the balls were all pretty light!
  • I went bowling when pregnant with ds quite a few times - didn't even think it would be ok, I too only use the 8's or 10's so there not very heavy x
  • Definitely think you'll be ok bowling, like the girls said just don't go for the monster heavy balls!
  • Thank you ladies i thought that was the case but you never know image