Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Aching down below

Hi everyone

Has anyone else noticed a heavy, aching feeling down below??

It's only when I stand up and gets worse if I'm standing up for a long time. It's not there everyday.

I remember having this in my last pregnancy but I don't think it was this early on.

Not sure if it's normal or not? :?

xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, yes I had this - I remember posting lots about a real heaviness when I stood for too long and noone ever seemed to feel the same, which was unnerving! I don't really get it anymore, the occasional achey feeling but it doesn't last. Hopefully it will pass soon.
  • Options
    I'm getting this too- don't remember having it with ds though. I can't stand for long as it gets really painful, I imagine it's all the extra bloodflow down there and it all gets swollen and sore with gravity lol x
  • Options
    G/c from due in March, but I had this feeling last week, and spoke to my midwife about it. She said it's because your uterus is a muscle, if you have been standing or walking around a lot, it will tense up. She also said it's totally normal and if poss you should try and rest or sit down. Hope this helps. Xx
  • Options
    Thanks all...it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one! And especially to hear what your mw said rachllsn3 - makes sense when you think about it!

xx