Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012

I hope I'm just being paranoid...

...but after wanting to get rid of the sickness, I now don't feel sick anymore and I'm beginning to think that I've just put on weight and there's nothing there. I'm 16 weeks today (just realised) and my tummy still feels squishy and I've not felt movements yet at all.

I hope it's all just paranoia, I know from last time I didn't feel ds till after my 20 week scan and I can't remember but I'm sure I had the same issue with a squishy tummy! I'm driving myself mad thinking that I'm going to get to my midwife appt next week and she won't be able to hear anything or worse - the scan next month and there being nothing there! I even said to my friend at work 'look after me if something happens' meaning, just let people know so I wouldn't have to explain.

I feel so stupid getting upset as I'm sure everything is fine as I have no reason to think otherwise, i.e. no blood, spotting etc etc. Roll on being punched and kicked repeatedly I suppose! Am I the only one who's a big worrier? xx

Replies

• Hi Muppet,

I totally get where you're coming from as I was exactly the same, was so so sick for weeks then my sickness literally disappeared overnight & I was so worried. Luckily mine stopped 2 days before my scan though so I had that reassurance that everything was fine when I saw bubs looking all healthy but my midwife said its totally normal. Apparently your placenta takes over between 12-14 weeks normally & when that happens its quite normal for sickness to disappear so i'm sure you're totally fine.

My tummy is the same too, defo bigger than it was but i'm putting most of that down to seriously over eatting the past few months & its all wibbly (was actually driving on a bumpy road this morning & could feel the flab wobbling about - yuck!!) but i've not got a definite baby bump yet.

I know its natural to worry & so hard to believe everything is fine but what you've described doesn't sound like anything to worry about to me so try to stay positive image

Hugs,

L xx
  • I am also a big worrier! with ds I worried until he was here and even then I still worried lol

I am the same this time round , I had some spotting at 9 weeks - not alot but I convinced myslef I was miscarrying and was so upset but all was fine.

My stomach is still very squishy even though I do have have a bump its not solid.

I know its easier said then done but try to stay postive - its normal for sickness to go at this stage and alot of women don't feel any movements until 20+ weeks. x x
  • Well, sickness has been back this weekend! I was just beginning to enjoy feeling a little more normal too lol. Hopefully it's a good sign though x