Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone given in and brought any thing yet ??

Hi all image

I haven't brought anything as yet not even a vest , I have been tempted a few times though !! So just wondered if anyone else has given in to temptation and brought anything yet ??

Replies

• Oh ye i have! Why Not!! I keep telling myself im spreading the cost LOL. Only got a few clothes and a quilt set in the sale....i cant resist! X
  • I have just bought a wee sleepsuit that says I love daddy, just couldn't resist it as it was so cute. Going to wait till after our 20 week scan till I buy anything big.
  • We haven't yet but my parents have bought a couple of things. I have been given a sterilising unit. We won't buy anything until later on....unless of course my mum and dad have bought the entire contents of mothercare by then :lol:
  • Ive bought a little sleep suit from next , I can't resist going into the baby shops - but don't think they do much in unisex colours these days other wise probs would have bought alot more.

Going to wait until after my 20week scan to buy anything big we need but we don't really need alot as have got everything from ds x x
  • I don't really have anything I need to buy this time, which feels like a shopping opportunity missed! Last time we did a little stocking for DD at Christmas even though she hadn't been born, so I might get a couple of little things to go in the stocking.

Still deciding about a double buggy...
  • Iv only bought 1 thing since finding out I'm pregnant because it was a bargain one of those kingfisher 3 in 1 swing!! Iv been given lots and my mum has bought a few playsuits but that's it.

Going to wait till after 20 weeks scan to buy more which will b just before Christmas and my mum ( who lives abroad) will b back and we and hubby will go shopping!!!

X x
  • I have bought just dummy holder image) Because was very cheap image We will wait for our 20 weeks scan to start shopping for more things image xx
  • I haven't bought anything at all,have so much in storage from ds, will prop just get some new vests, a new mattress for the crib and a couple of sleepsuits for first one and coming home. Have decided on a double buggy and will get that a lot later on and am watching on eBay for buggy board and moby wrap bargainsimage
  • I haven't bought anything yet but the temptation is getting harder & harder to resist!!

I've picked the nursery range I want but not planning to buy it until after Christmas & have also started looking at prams but to be honest not got a clue what to go for there. Its so exciting but also so confusing as there seems to be so much choice & the list of stuff you need seems endless....

Plan is to wait until after Christmas before we start buying but not sure i'll be able to stick to that ha ha!!

xx
  • Oooh all of those with your first bumps are sooooo well restrained! I already have one 3yo DS and have most of the big stuff saved over from him so sadly don't get to buy any of the big exciting stuff this time round!

But I have bought a couple of cute sleepsuits and bodygrows, just to celebrate after 12wk scan. I will get the chance to shop for a few more clothes even if it turns out to be blue bump again as DS was September baby so completely different season, any excuse to shop! Daddy and both nanny's are desperate for a lil girl this time round, so it's fingers crossed!
  • i got my first pack of nappies yesterday !!

As i was walking round tesco doing the shopping couldn't resist going up the baby aisle and remembered i had a voucher for a free pack of huggies from Tesco when i joined the Mother & Baby club so i got them imageSo that my first thing really but after the 20 wk scan we're going to sort the pushchair and i shall sort out what I've got then start getting a few bits image

Its so exciting !!!
  • I have image

But only this week, Im pleased ive held off this long.

There are Tommee Tippee Steraliser units on sale in Asda, so i thought while they were cheap, more like, any excuse!

• I have image

Bought a steraliser THIS WEEK, as they are on special offer in Asda

• Yes!! haha. I've gotten some neutral clothes but today we found out we're having a boy and brought some boy onsies and lots more boy stuff to comeimage
  • Wetwipes as buy 1 get 2 free

Johnsons baby bath & shampoo bogof

Changing bag- on sale and the only one left!

Hubby has also bought one set of neutral baby grow, sleepsuit, hat etc.

Trying really hard to be good though! Scan isn't until 30th nov which seems like a really long way away! X x
  • You well restrained people won't be able to keep up the good behaviour i'm sure after those 20wk scans! hehe

Can I point out, you can't be as bad as me last time round. When pregnant with DS i was still in a well paid job so figured the more i could buy whilst still a two income household the better. So I bought my DS entire wardrobe, not just 0-3mths oh no! I bought everything he could possibly need and more up to 18mths!! and sooooo many boxes of nappies i don't think we bought any with a baby until after his first birthday! So when your otherhalf frowns at your latest bargain, just remember you could be worse, you could be me! (i'd do it all again, but no large salary this time round!)