Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

heard heartbeat...midwife reckons its a...

...girl. I still think boy. Less that 3 weeks to find out. Out of interest, those that have had heartbeats recorded, what were they? Mine was 148bpm at 16+6.

I know from reading on the internet though that the heart rate is not an indication, just an old wives tale. Oh well, one of us has to be rightimage x

Replies

• Ooh congrats! Bet you can't wait to find out now!!

We have our next appointment on Tuesday and I can't wait - hoping the scan will be two weeks later at 19 weeks and we'll know boy or girl (if baby decides to get into position - which I know is unlikely with this wriggler!)

The heartbeat was measured at 13 weeks at 150 - obviously not a huge help as we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. Will let you know. Think the old wives tale indicates that's a girl, but everything else is indicating a boy - not long to find out!
  • Congrats - can't wait to hear my little ones heartbeat.

When pregnant with my ds his heartbeat was always fast 170 - i have heard under 140 for boy over 140 for a girl but that wasn't the case for me x x
  • oooh i dont know, is it written on the notes??

i cant wait to find out, roll on 20 weeks!
  • Ours was between 165-169 so quite high on Monday and we were 15 + 3. we won't find out until 30th November, if we do... X x
  • The midwife thought I was having a girl but its a boy!!!