Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012

Anyone feeling movement yet?

Hi everyone, how are you all? I'm back from a lovely week in the sunshine and feeling really good now, the tiredness of first trimester seems finally to be easing a bit (going to make most of it, as I know Ill be slowing down again in a few months!)

Wondered who had felt baby move yet? I know that it takes longer in first pregnancies, so wasn't expecting it for a few more weeks - but the last week on holiday I have felt lots of little butterfly movements (mainly when I lie down flat on my back and keep very still). Absolutely loving feeling it. At first I convinced myself that it was gas, but I am now pretty sure it's the baby as it's a completely different feeling. It's only once or twice a day, but so reassuring and lovely!

Replies

• Hiya, glad you had a lovely holiday. I think I'm feeling movement but I can't be 100% sure. Baby is really low though so I think it might be because it couldn't be wind!! lol x
  • Where did you go on holiday? Glad you had a nice time.

I've been feeling flutters for a few weeks but I kept telling myself it was too early and it must be wind!! But as the weeks go on I'm more and more convinced it's baby. It feels just like the first flutters I felt with my daughter and that was at 16 weeks and with an anterior placenta! I don't feel them regularly yet and like you said it's usually when I'm lying down.

So exciting! image

xx