Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012

It's probably a....

Went for our 4-weekly check today (we live in Dubai) and had the scan that always happens at appointments. She really surprised me, as she asked if we wanted to know the sex - I was totally unprepared as I thought I'd have to wait for the main 20 weeks scan downstairs (booked for two weeks time, at 19 weeks). We wanted to know the sex, but weren't prepared for it at that moment! Still, we very excited to be finding out!!

The umbilical cord was between the baby's legs and we needed it to move so that it dropped out of the way - but the naughty baby didn't want to move this time (despite being a wriggler at the last scan and making it nearly impossible to get the nuchal tests done!) We just got lots of waving and thumb sucking! But the doctor said she thinks it's a... BOY!

She said she could see 'something' (!) behind the umbilical cord, but couldn't be 100% sure it wasn't part of the cord. We would love it to be a boy, but trying not to get too excited before we find out for certain in two weeks time. I have a feeling that this baby is going to be a bit cheeky when he/she finally appears!

Replies

• 4 weekly checks that's brill, must b great to see bubba that often.

Aw a little boy! How exciting.

We would love a boy first, but obv would b happy either way. Got our 20 week scan on 13 dec when il b 21 weeks

X x
  • Wow, that's amazing you get 4-week checks! How exciting to find out too and know you can double check in a few weeks aswell!! Yay for all the boys xx