Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feeling movement!

Hi everyone!

Hope yr all well. Well i have started feeling our baby move.....its amazing!! Felt it properly for the first time yesterday when i was 18 weeks 2 days. My husband can feel it too. Anyone else starting to feel movement??? X imageimage

Replies

• Ah lovely image

Im not sure if I have felt anything yet, I don't think so. I thought I might have on friday but I think it was just a burp LOL!

Am hoping it won't be long though! x
  • Hi ladies! I've been feeling movement since about 15 weeks. I wasn't expecting it that early as I'd read it was usually later with first babies, but it has become more and more frequent and now I know it's the baby. I feel it about once or twice a day now, mainly when I'm lying flat on my back.

I went to see the Exorcist on Friday night for a Halloween screening and when the little girl screamed I could feel the baby moving - I wonder if he/she heard something?! Probably not, maybe it was a rise in my heartbeat that prompted it. Definitely felt the baby when we went over a bumpy road though, not sure he/she liked that very much!
  • Hi Maximo ,

Oh its so lovely when you feel the baby moving im defo starting to get some kicks now as well hopefully i can catch hubby and get him to feel as well image x
  • I have definately started to feel movement too> i went to watch 'We Will Rock You' on friday night and could tell the baby really enjoyed it. I cant seem to catch the movements for hubby to feel though, hopefully soon.

Emma XX
  • I first felt fultters a couple of weeks ago but thought it was too early but they have got stronger and are defo baby moving - its amazing!

Hubby tried a couple of times to feel but said he couldn't feel anything so hopfully he will soon as they get stronger image
  • You guys are so lucky! Nothing for me yet at 18 weeks. Hopefully soon as it'll feel more real then
  • Ah jimjamjemina it wonr be long! I feel it most when i relaxed n watching tv.....so comforting! Just wait till we c feet and elbows sticking out!! Have a fab wk everyone, the weekends go tooo fast! X
  • I haven't felt baby move yet, or not that I know is baby anyway. I can't wait though and amvery jealous!!! X x
  • I haven't felt Pip move yet, although I'm sure I had done with ds. With him i'd been feeling movements for ages when oh finally managed to feel him - on christmas morning! xx
  • Still not felt anything yet, thought I did last night but think it was just wind lol
  • I've had a few little flutterings, but nothing consistent. It was 17 weeks 1 day last time - I only remember as it was the day after my friend's wedding and I'd been jumping around to House of Pain on the dancefloor which might have helped!

Will perhaps have a boogie this evening!
  • Not felt anything yet but only 16 weeks and 3 days xxx
  • I haven't felt anything yet - apart from a few bubbles but they could have definately been wind! I felt my DS at 16w exactly so am desperatly hoping it wont be long now :cry:
  • I bet yr all near/ar???? feeling movement now. Im always on the determinado waiting for it LOL! Happens more obviously when laying a.bit flat.

My yummy really aches today.....must be stretching, ill be 20 weeks this week n thought is be loads bigger! X image hows everyone else doing?? X image
  • Not felt anything yet at 17 + 5. Can't wait until I do! Xxx
  • Hi Ladies

I think ive felt a few bubble movements over the last 2 weeks I wasnt sure at first, thought it was wind as I think we all do when its your first, but then seem to be same time when I got into bed at night, didnt feel it for the next few days and then felt it again the other night for quite a bit so I presume bambino was having a right gud tumble ha!

It is very strange feeling cant wait to feel proper movements and kicks, although I hope it doesnt freak me out lol!

H a P p Y p R e G n A n C y L a D i E s !! image