Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012

help with my due date?

when i went for my 12 week scan and they were doing the measurements the baby was measuring at due on the 15th april! which put me forward 6 days! BUT the lady said i wont bother changing it as its not a week so wont make much difference! i said but 6 days is still alot and she still refused to change it?

my friend whos due 2 weeks after me went to a diff hosp and they moved her date by a few days?

iv got midwife today and im going to ask her to change it on my notes because my argument is, that if i was to be overdue id actually be going over by 20 days and not 14 which is the cut off for going over?? can i request another dating scan? or will they measure baby at my 20 week scan and change dates? im really worrying about this and even though i planned to be induced because of previous pre eclampsia i actually wouldnt be induced early enough because my due date is wrong? does this all make sense? i dont know where i stand with this? midwife at 11.15 so any answers before then would really help? thanks ladied for reading xx

Replies

• How did you get on with the midwife? As I understand it, it's normal not to change the date if it's less than a week. Do you know when you actually ov'd? That's probably a more accurate predictor. A mm here or there might make quite a difference to the measurement during the scan.

As for going 20 days over, other than it being annoying, I don't think it's a cause for concern particularly. On the continent, it's standard to let pregnancies run for around 44 weeks depending on where you are.

Try not to worry too much.
  • I'd b totally the same hun, I know I'd b telling them to change the due date, if it doesn't make a difference then they can change it to what they said at scan.

They moved me by only 4 days, maybe every hospital is different but I too would want them to change it on my notes.

Let us know how u got on

X x x
  • thanks ladies, im ment to be due the 21st april, midwife is refusing to budge from the 23rd which is what she calculated it at but the scan said 15th but they refused to change it from 21st? so im none the wiser she told me to sort it with my consultant who il be seeing in december! she did say though that she can see why im not happy because you should only go 14 days over as after this the placenta starts to give up? plus i want to be induced at 37 weeks to prevent blood pressure etc! il let you know what happens at my next scan as she said they would double check dates there? its on the 5th dec so if its back onto measuring at the 21st then thats fine id just rather know 1 date! lol
  • It seems to vary so much from area to area. Here they go by the date on the 12 weeks scan, not LMP as the scan is more accurate. And that's even if it's different by a day. I was moved forward 3 days with dd and a week with this one. Like others say, the placenta starts to deteriorate so I think they like to err on the side of caution.

Would you actually be induced early this time because of previous PE, even if you weren't showing any symptoms?? I had PE last time too but other than being more closely monitored in the pregnancy and having to deliver in hospital this is a clean slate in terms of going into labour. Unless of course symptoms start again and then they'd deal with it the same way as last time. I was induced at 37+6 and want to avoid induction again if possible!!
  • hi, yeah it does seem to depend on what hospital etc, my midwife isnt very supportive of the one im going to because its out of our area, but the one i went to with my first was awful!

my midwife wanted me to be under consultant because of the pe and that with my weight im more of a high risk? she said im more than likely to develop it again as pregnancy just puts too much of a strain on my body as im starting to suffer from spd again and even earlier than before! id like to avoid being induced but i suppose with close monitering a decision will be made nearer the time by myself amd the consultant so for the moment im just thinking of every aspect and wanting to know my actual due date so iv got something more concrete x
  • They put mine back by one day when pregnant with ds and forward by 5 days with this one - I thought that was why they did a dating scan as it was more acurate. I would be the same and want it to be moved - hopfully you will get it sorted at your next scan x