Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Rashes on belly!

Hi Ladies

Am 17 plus 4 days and suddenly developed a rash across my belly under my boobs, ive read it is quite common and its probably heat rashes more than anything just wondered if anyone else has suffered this and if so any recommendations of how to get rid of it. Its quite itchy but not to bad to be fair just looks rather unsightly ha!

Thanks

Vicky

Replies

• G/C from DIJ, just a suggestion but something similar happened my sis, turns out it was a bit of a reaction to Palmers stretchmark cream, just along the crease between belly and boobies. she had been using it for weeks with no probs. Maybe sudocream would help with the itch? Hope it goes soon xo
  • G/C but beware of any severe itching as it can indicate problems in other areas. Sudocrem or E45 should help reduce the rash & relieve any itching otherwise.
  • G/C I had it around that time across my bump and thighs. It wasn't itchy or anything and spread to little patches on my forearms, but then one day it just disappeared and i've not had it since. My midwife told me I should have mentioned it to her though because it can be an indication of something serious so personally I would just give her a ring to be on the safeside x
  • it can be something to do with your liver, i had a awful rash when i was heavily preg with my first daughter, i went to the hosp but they just put it down to pregnancy and changes etc...if your palms are really itchy aswell they say get checked, im not a doc tho so maybe ring your mid wife? also palmers stretch mark moisturiser is good and if the rash gets really itchy try smothering yourself when your at home in calamine lotion! it doesnt look good but helps lol x
  • I have one I've worked out its my maternity jeans as the elastic bit is so thick c
  • Hi Ladies,

I rung midwife and she said aslong as my palms and feet wasnt itchy to keep an eye on it and if it doesnt go in a few days goto the docs. Ive just bought some whichhazel cream so am hoping it might relief it a bit but otherwise am off to the quacks in 2 days if it hasnt gone, my mum did say might be reaction to change in wash powder or reaction to cream ive been using the palmers stretchmark cream for about a week now, just thought it was strange how its popped up but am sure it will be fine.

Thanks for comments and help, much appreciated to know other people have had it too... thanks and happy P : O )