Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bit of advice on food!

Hi all!

I was just wondering if you could help me please! I need to decide on a meal for our Christmas work do, and I'm not sure its particularly pregnancy friendly! Of the starters I like, there is a seabass served with barolo and olives or a chicken with fennel, saffron and pomegrante. Not fussed on either but I think chicken would be better to avoid the barolo? Also for dessert, there's an amalfi lemon curd- would this be pasteurised?

Thanks, and hope you're all doing well!

Replies

• Does the seabass come with a glass or barolo (which you could leave) or is it in the sauce (in which case there probably won't be enough to cause you a problem)?

If it's a commercially made lemon curd it's probably pasteurised, but might not be if it's made by the restaurant. Could be worth calling them to find out?
  • Thanks image The seabass is cooked in a barolo sauce- might just ask for sauce on the side or something. Good idea about contacting the restaurant. Thanks for your help!x