Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012

Shopping for first baby

Hello all!

Thinking its about time to start shopping for our first baby but don't really know where to start!

How is everyone getting on and what have you bought etc?

Any recommendations would be fab pls!

Have just started to look at bottles and sterilisers - whats the best make to go for?! and is a microwave steriliser or electric one the best sort?

The world of buggys/travel systems etc is a complete new ballgame, what is evryone else looking at getting? we would use it a lot for walking, catching buses as well as nipping out in the car a lot.

Thanks xx

Replies

• Tbh iv not bought my practical! He he

We have bought some clothes, been given

Loads, a swing, travel system pram ( only practical bit bought)

This is our first too so unfortunately cannot help with recommendations, expect some of the other can or maybe post in pregnancy as this forum does seem to b quiet a lot of us are on the fb group page if u wanted to join

X x
  • G/C but wanted to say don't but too many clothes, they are usually bought as gifts once baby is born.

As for reccommendations, everyone will have their own idea of 'must haves' & 'don't need' plus each child is different & what works for you may not work for someone else.

Travel systems are usually preferred as you can lift sleeping baby still in car seat between pushchair & vehicle so less likely to disturb them.

Bedding - some prefer moses basket, others cribs, either way it should fit comfortably within your bedroom as this is where baby should sleep for first few months.

Muslin Squares - normally sold in packs of 3, come in handy for during & after feeds.

Changing Bag - should be large enough to carry all things needed on day trips out (3-5 nappies/wipes/cotton wool/bottle/top-up formula/dummies/teething rings/etc..)
  • Thanks guys, guess its always going to be a bit "figure it out as we go along!" and you're right everyone is different and goes for different options

xx
  • I have just bought the tommee tipee feeding starter pack off mothercare as it was half price, it was meant to be ??120 but got it for ??60. It includes everything you will need, steriliser, bottle warmer, lots of bottle, teets and much more.

Emma XX