Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Booking in appt

Hello all, When are you going to make your booking in appointment? Is anyone having a private early scan? BB x

Replies

• Hi BB,

Congratulations on your BFP!!

I won't make my booking in apps for a few more weeks I think. I made an appt straight away with my first 2 lo's and the wait between the booking in appt and the first scan seemed like ages.

So I'll wait a while to let the news sink in.

I'm not going to do the private scan until 20 wks +. Babybond do nice ones where you can take a DVD home (although I found the 2D scan much nicer than the 3D scan.... Weirdly!!)

What about you?
  • I recently moved overseas so we have private health care here and it's all done a bit differently - I've yet to figure it out to be honest. Will be requesting an early scan though due to previous losses. I would ring your gp and see what they suggest - mine back in England needed you to submit a urine sample so they had a positive result before they would even make a booking appt and there was usually a few weeks wait x
  • With my dd I had a early scan due to bleeds, I don't wanna bleed but I want a scan to put my mind at rest....lol

I had a baby bond 3d scan at about 30 weeks, it was rubbish....not like advertisements, but nice to see my dd still. image Think I will have a 2d one at about same time instead.

Im in a pickle about booking in appt.....I wanna book in ASAP (8 weeks our go allows) but I'm concerned that my boss and colleagues will find out too early coz I work closely with the maternity dept at our local hospital......not sure what to do. :/
  • Doctors appt booked!! Next Tuesday image
  • I went to the docs on thursday and have got my booking appointment tomorrow. We were on clomid and I've been told because of my gynae history I've got to have consultant and midwife care and an early scan.

It might feel more real tomorrow.
  • I was going to wait at least a couple more weeks before phoning docs. Just want this really horrible early stage to pass.

xx

• Good luck ele for tomorrow!

I have my doc appt Tuesday. I'm excited.

Oooo pinklul....how can you wait! Lol
  • Ele I had clomid with my ds and had shared care of consultant and midwife and I got an early scan at 8 wks too, how did ur appointments go x
  • Appointment was good. Midwife says they probably won't do early scan, said they've changed it again and unless I feel there's a problem I'll just be scanned between 10.5 and 13 weeks. I've sent off for my exemption certificate and am now waiting appointment date for scan. Got my niece today, she was born 10th April this year, dirt time we've had her since finding out and it seems really strange to hong his time next year it will be our own little one at the same age as she is now, happily snoozing in the lounge.
  • Im going to wait til Im seven week (fingers crossed) before i register with the midwives at my local clinic because they don't see you until you are eight weeks.
  • ele my first 2 children were Clomid babies, i have PCOS but this one is an unexpected lovely suprise! image  Usually booking in are around 8 weeks here, i think i am about 4 weeks but not entirely sure.  Off to doctors next week xx

• My apt is booked for the 11th September.

Similar set up to Devon_Mummy...wont see you until you're approx 8 weeks.

• My booking in appointmen t with the midwife is on Tuesday 21st whne I'll be 7 weeks 4 days.

x