Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Telling the world.....

Hello! Me again! Lol I'm keen to know everyone image what's you edd? (what cycle length is this calculated on?) Have you told anyone your news? Who will you tell and when? BB x

Replies

• My edd is a guess - 8th April - based on my last 3 cycles being 39, 38 and 37 days so took this one to be 36. I used to be 32 days so it could be a few days before or after. Haven't told anyone until we know everything is ok but going on holiday with my family in a couple of weeks so I'll have to tell them then. Hoping if I can get registered soon I can have an early scan before then x
  • I'm not sure when to tell ppl, I'm telling everyone after dating scan. But I want to tell both sets of parents and my best mate (who's just had a mc!) Earlier.

I was gonna tell my best mate at 8-9 weeks coz her mc is to fresh at mo (5 weeks since).

Parents I was gonna tell them today but I did a pg test and its a faint positive again so worried now its a chemical preg :/

• I've had a great idea! I made a sign which says "i am going to be a big sister" and git my dd to hold it and I've taken a pic. Gonna send that to parents.

What do you think?
  • Sounds perfect. We bought a I'm a big sister tshirt when I was pregnant last time and she wore it when we went to see them x
  • Ooo that's a good idea too!
  • Hello! Think my EDD is 13th April, so about 4+2. Only had one period since having implant removed and tested exactly 4 weeks after AF so guessing my cycle length was 28 days? Not sure though. Anywho, congrats everyone! It's nice to be able to talk about stuff on here cos I'm sooooo itching to tell everyone now! We told our little girl this morning and she was a bit funny about it until I explained there was a tiny baby in my tummy. Now she keeps calling the baby "her" and "Rosie", which is so cute! And she gave my tummy a kiss goodnight lol. Love them at this age (she's 3) x

• Hello lau,

Welcome! Congratulations!

Awww you dd sounds sweet image

• Ah Wilma, I love the T-shirt idea!!  I may get one printed up when we visit the il-laws in a couple of weeks and just have our dd walk in wearing it.  It'll be lovely because my SIL is visiting from Mexico where she lives with her dh and their 2 lo's, so the whole family will be there when we break the good news.

Aw lau, you're lo sounds adorable.  We haven't mentioned the baby to my 2 lo's yet.  Not sure when tbh...?

Hey Baby Boom, how did the picture go?  What a lovely idea!! xx

• Hmmmm well I didn't send it lol

I decided to wait while tues after doc appt image

I'm scared coz last time we had no option really but to tell parents etc.

When's your family down chilli?
  • I got my little boy a shirt saying Big Brother with his name on the back last time. I was going to put it on him after our 12 week scan. However I found out just before 10 weeks there wasn't a baby - so it never got used.

I hope I can use it this time round. It should still fit!

I have told my friend - who has been helping me as I have been feeling really down. Other than my BID (2010) friends online - noone else knows.

I have always kept in to myself (and hubby) - and then just told those who I needed support from when it went wrong.

There is no right or wrong answer - just what you are comfortable with. I only told my friend this time as I need some additional support - and I am not close to my mum! xx

• I'm glad your getting support anxiousmummy, hopefully you can talk to us too image

Well I took the plunge and told my parents and hubby parents and sister.....all are sooooo happy, my parents were only just chatting together this morning about me and hubby having another baby! Lol

Really happy but still nervous image
  • We're seeing midwife tomorrow and are due to have an early can but have said we want to hold off until we're 12 weeks before we tell anyone. It's our first and our edd is 4 days after my brothers little girls 1st birthday and 5 days after our 2nd wedding anniversary.

I've already decided how were going to tell them though and looking forward to seeing their faces! (I know there'll be tears!) so excited and it's so hard not telling them. Started avoiding people already though, so they don't spot my very bloated tummy. We've got friends round for dinner next week and I've bought some non alcoholic wine for me so they don't get suspicious.

It's lovely to be able to talk about it on here though.
  • Regarding telling LOs - me and hubby have agreed we won't tell our 2 year old until we're past the safe 12 week stage. She's a real talker and goes to nursery so worried people would find out before and don't want to tempt anything to go wrong. Plus if it did go wrong she wouldn't understand so I don't think it's fair to tell her til we know it's going to be OK.

Parents - we will prob tell before and ask them not to mention in front of her. I don't know when yet though. Prob at least a couple more weeks. Last time we told everyone straight away and I think it's quite nice that it's just between me and hubby at the moment (well and you girls of course!)