Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013

Starting to nhs don't give a crap!

Hey ladies Needing a wee moan, will give abit background so you can understand why I'm grumpy, didn't have a great experience with my midwifes on first pregnancy, received a lot of attitude due to choosing a different hospital from the one they worked in, one even made be cry over a disagreement over matb1 forms, Anyway I'm a glass half full person, and my friend told me policies had changed so with a positive attitude I phoned up this morning to book my 6 week booking in appointment, only to receive an answer machine message saying to leave my name and I'll be called back in 4 hours, bit miffed but as I wasn't going out and understandably midwifes can be busy so thot oh well! And give them their due, they did call back, woman polite enough but was a bad connection so had to ask her to repeat herself a couple which seemed to annoy her, then she couldn't find me in system, nhs still using my maiden name despite it being changed with them over a year ago! And the real highlight of the call they can't give me an appointment till 11th September! I will be 9 weeks by that point! I know guidance is 6 weeks plus, but I was expecting 7 weeks at the most! 4 week wait for an appointment seems abit of a joke! Im from a small town there can't be that many people pregnant in my area! Looks like I was right with first judgement of the midwifes in my area x

Replies

• P.s meant to add concerned if booking in appt this late, 12 week scan gonna end up really late too! X
  • I think you will be ok with your dating scan even if your booking appt 9 weeks your scan should be 12-14 weeks still coz the hospital normally have more staff per person, if you see what I mean.

It's not nice when your messed about. I'm presuming your on a district border with wanting to have an alternative hospital to your community mw....with that in mind can you swap community mw teams?

• Yeah, we are kinda right in middle 20-30 mins away from each hospital, but only one set of community midwifes attend my doctors surgery, I know a girl who managed to get switched to the other team and was allowed to go to docs surgery in next town for midwife appointments only, but no way of asking without it being obvious I'm pregnant, was planning on keeping it quite till 12 weeks, think I'm gonna call my doc see if there's anything they can do, even if it's just a check up with him, cos I been under quite abit of stress lately, so was kinda hoping for 6 week app to ease my mind x
  • Oh well I hope your doc will see you...fingers crossed x
  • My booking in appointment isn't till I'm 11 weeks but maybe thats because its my second?

x

• The policy here seems to be bigger gaps between later appointments for your 2nd baby, first few appointments up tp 20 week scan are supposed to be the same, i will then be left until 36 weeks without seeing anyone, which annoys me as well, why is it just cos it's your 2nd,it's ok to monitor you less? Things can go wrong just as easily the second time round, I can feel a falling out coming between me and nhs lol! x
  • My booking apt is when I will be 7 weeks. My sister who

Is pregnant with her first wasn't seen until 11wks x
  • Well chat with doc was a bust, won't do anything, to call back in a few weeks if I'm still worried then we can have a chat! The wait till 12 week scan is gonna be torture, Infact the whole 9 month wait is gonna be torture, I'm really not a very good pregnant lady, turns me into a complete grouch x