Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Second timers (or more!) - how similar is this pregnancy to the last one?

Just that really. I'm only 4+4 and already have a daily bout of nausea and am very very tired. I'm pretty sure I didn't feel like this with DD for at least another week or so (but was too tired at the time to keep any notes, so don't know for sure...) So, are you all feeling the same as last time? I know they say each pregnancy can be completely different but is that true? Xxxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm hoping i won't be as bad this time. Last time I puked up constantly until 24 weeks. I had a bout of nausea today at 5+2, so might be going the same way. Last time it kicked in at 6w.
  • Options
    I was only tired the first time round and tired again now. Trouble is, at 5 weeks and 2 days I look about 5 months gone. I didn't show until

4 months first time and it wasn't big. I look

Big now and my bro in law even said to me

Today 'showing already' I wanted to cry image
  • Options

My boobs are hurting much more at an earlier stage plus I feel a little more nauseous than I did first time, and I'm showing already grrrr.

On the plus side, I don't feel as exhausted as I did last time - surprising with a 2 year old! Although it could just be that the tiredness kicked in a bit further on and I can't remember... 

Interesting to see if this means baby will be a boy - already have a girl. Although my Mum says her pregnancy with my brother was identical to when she was pregnant with me so probably not x 

• Options
    Hmm so maybe the symptoms do start a bit earlier? Also glad to hear I'm not the only one with a big tum - admittedly I never really toned it back up after DD but it was flattish, am now FULL of water. Look about 5 months gone!!x
  • Options
    So far I'm totally different, I have no symptoms at all, maybe my body knows what to expect this time so it dealing with it better, and only 5+3, so maybe bit early too x
  • Options
    I'm preggers with 5th and each one feels completely different - not actually throwing up this time (yay!) But experiencing random bouts of exhaustion. I keep saying to OH that this time feels worse but apparently I say that everytime so who knows? Maybe each time is the same but I blank it out! That would definitely explain the willingness to keep getting up the duff!! image
  • Options

lol @nhh04! This is my second and from what I can remember (think babybrain has wiped most of last pregnancy from my brain and has come back with a vengeance this time!) my symptoms are pretty similar. Managed to keep a very vague diary from last time so have been looking back at that and it brings back some lovely memories. Haven't felt quite as sick this time though. x

• Options
    ive been pregnant twice before but the last one was a mmc at twelve weeks. with my first pregnancy with dd i dont remember having a lot of early symotoms. the only ones were that my boobs ballooned a week after conception and git really sore (i know because i was on honeymoon and my bikini top felt too small and i felt really tired (id put it down to jetlag) i didnt properly show until i was seven weeks. my last pregnancy in may i felt worse early on and was really really tired (ptobably due to running after a toddler) and nauseous (no actual sickness though), big sore boobs agsin and couldnt face tea,coffee or anything milky). im also convinced i was showing at seven weeks and had to start wearing maternuty jeans and trousers. i think it was more bloating than baby though as stomach muscles weakened from having dd. at seven weeks a stranger commented on my pregnancy so i wasnt imagining things! thus time i think will be similar: i started feeling shattered a week ago, falling asleep in front of the tv, got huge boobs which gave been really sensitive and sore for two days (im only three days late at the mo), got an exaggerated sense of smell and gone off milky things again!
  • Options
    sorry about typos Im on my phone!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. So interesting to know that some have quite similar pregnancies and some are so different.

Nhh04 - I take my hat off to you. Can't imagine looking after 4 other kids and being pregnant. Surely that's superhero status????
  • Options
    just reread my post. it should say i didnt show properlytil seventeen weeks with my first pregnancy!
  • Options
    With my dd I had no symptoms at all....if we weren't ttc I wouldn't have know I was pg (coz even had a light period plus two bleeds) I didn't get a bump till about 9 - 12 weeks.

This time I've sore left breast, backache, section scar stabbing and extremely tired! No bump but feel heavy in general (but only gained a pound or so).

• Options

The only symptom iv had with this 1 is shooting pains in my ( . Y . ) oh an i almost forgot every now and again i feel sick for about 10 seconds lol. Hope i dont get anymore symptoms. Xx