Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feel in limbo

hi ladies Im five weeks today but feel a bit in limbo at the mo. as i had a mmc at twelve weeks in may Im not letting myself get excited and just worrying a lot. also i was made redundant in Feb and have been temping since April and my assignment ends mid Sept so Im worrying about money. i applied for a brilliant job a couple of weeks ago before i found out i was pregnant and am worrying about getting an interview as i will have to.withhold that Im pregnant or i won't have a hope. think Im just a bit stressed at the mo image really want to enjoy being pregnant and wish i was at twelve weeks and knew everything ok but at same time thus might be an awkward time that i tell a new boss :/

Replies

• Hey,

I think a lot of mums to be feel in limbo at this stage, its an anxious time waiting to see if everything will be ok.

Was your mmc @ 12 weeks or is that when you found out? Could you visit your gp about an early scan?

I wouldn't tell your new employer until you have been in the job a few weeks, if you can hide it!!

Try to relax about money, I am sure the right thing will come along at the right time. Just save what you can in the mean time and I'm sure you'll have baby things saved from your toddler so please try to relax.

• thanks baby boom, sorry for the moan just feeling bit down, probably just hormones ! i found out that id lost the baby at my twelve week scan then had a mc a week later at home. think that's why Im so anxious as i can't look forward to twelve week weeks x
  • Hi honey, I think we were both due in nov. I know how you feel even being 8 weeks with hideous nausea and having had a scan I still feel no excitement. Don't worry about the job, what will be will be and I'm sure this pregnancy is completely different and will be perfectly fine.

Just wanted to send big hugs and hope you can relax a bit xx
  • hi mini day i was in due in November x so glad you're pregnant at the same time again x i really want the job but am just nervous of taking a job (if in lucky enough to be offered it) and then having to tell them Im pregna nt a few weeks after. i know i won't be able to have their maternity policy and smp but i should get maternity allowance which is around the same as ive done 22 weeks temp work this year i just need to find at least another four weeks work before baby is born ti get it. i really must stop stressing as Im worried it will affect baby developing x
  • Your ok having a moan, its what were here for, sharing ups and downs!

Don't worry about stress affecting the baby, it won't. Just try your best to relax. Everything will fall into place image

Hugs x
  • Devon Mummy I completely empathise with you about the money & job thing... I'm in a horrible position at the moment, I run a business which isn't making any money (it's a long story but I didn't exactly choose to go down this route) and I desperately want to close it down to get closure as it's affecting my quality of life now. We are in talks with another company who might want to take it over but they are really taking so long in coming back to us (meant to be hearing today). If they come back and say yes, I'll be employed by them but feel awkward about saying I'm pregnant now. If they say no then it leaves me jobless! I have an interview next week for another job but like you desperate to get it before the pregnancy becomes obvious and then massively worried about telling them. Failing that I'll have to get temp work.

I know this doesn't help your position, but we're in the same boat so I know how you feel and it's nice to know someone else is going through the same thing. It's a horrible climate out there.... but on the other hand I'm not willing to keep putting off this pregnancy as I've been doing so since Feb this year thinking I would have a resolution to this soon and I still don't. Money wise you will always find a way, whereas babies won't wait.... body clocks and all that! xx 

• Devon Mummy, please don't worry about stress affecting little bean, it won't but if you are anything like me you will worry more and more.  Nature is annoyingly in control but I am sure this is our time and all will be fine.

Hope it all works out on the job front, hopefully it will slot into place and you can always tell your new employer that it was a surpise pregnancy and you didn't know! You don't owe them anything and life it too short to worry too much about things, good luck xx

• thanks ladies for your lovely comments about jobs etc. im feeling a bit better about it today. i really want the job so its wrong that i eek i should hold back because Im pregnant. on th baby front Im all worried again as i did another cbd hoping to see it say 3 weeks plus and it still only said 2-3 weeks so now Im worried again again! think ill have to go buy another test and do it at the weekend
  • Don't worry you could just be 4 weeks 5 days!

How far do you think you are?

I didn't get my 3+ till I was 5 weeks 3 days!

Relax and re-test on Saturday.

• thanks baby boom im such a worrier!
  • ps pink lullaby fingers crossed x
  • image big group hugs for my April Mummas to be! (Slash fellow junie mummys)

• lol i didnt realise you were a junie baby boom we've all changed our user names rice last time lol!
  • A group hug sounds lush baby boom. Also a bit bogged down with money and job worries, and obviously desperately hoping every single day that this bean will stick....

Try to keep telling myself that if this is meant to be our baby then it will stick. AND far more pregnancies are successful than fail so the odds are on our favour.

SO THERE negative vibes. Sod off and leave us April mummies-to-be alone!!

So glad we've all got each other on here xx
  • yes definitely group hug, feel bit better now and monkey they are wise words. baby boom im 5+1 today but i could be a couple days less than that as i got positive on opks when ttc on cd 14 so could have ovulated and conceived on day 15 or 16? Im such a nightmare for worrying but its reassuring go know that's normal and other ladies are feeling the same way x
  • Monkey - I agree! image

Devon - oh well I think your expecting too much of your body and cbd test 5 +1 is barely 5....poor cbd is good but not that good! Lol trust me, re test Saturday with cbd and 3+ will appear! image Don't worry. Just because your last pg ended sadly this one isn't doomed too. Have hope.

Lol yes I am a junie too. I never told the group about my bfp. image

• ah okimage i was a bit confused! must be a lot of June baby dust flying around!
  • Yeah there seems to be. Not quiet sure how many of us in here there is though? image

I rarely go on ym2010 - I used the other secret junie group "fi's page" more until I left. Lol

• mycookiesmonster is on here not sure about others x i didnt know there was another secret group! ps think ive figured you out!
  • Hee hee I can't resist - I'm a Junie Mummy too, I just haven't announced it to the FB group yet....Don't know who you are Baby Boom, I use YM2010 don't know about another group! x