Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My baby is due in April 2013....

and I can't believe I've just typed that!! Still feels so unreal. Hi everyone! It's my first and I'm 7 weeks tomorrow.  Feeling like every day without bleeding is a bonus, have no reason to assume I'll miscarry but also can't believe it will all be OK.  It all messes with your head so much!  Anyone else feeling the same?!  I've had mild/moderate cramps on and off for last few weeks and unbelievably sore and bigger boobs.  Who would have imagined these first few weeks could go so slowly and seem so stressful.  Whenever people told me they were 12 weeks pregnant I never knew how much they'd been through before telling me!  Anyone understanding my ramblings?!  

Replies

• Congrats and welcome x i think there are quite a few of us w orrying at the mo and totally understand how you feel x remember we've all here to chat x
  • Thanks Devon_Mummy  xx

• Welcome to the group - yes we're all worrying and it's only natural. Doesn't get any easier with your seond either! 

Congratulations... x 

• Congrats and hell yes re the cramp and the worry....!
  • Hello Franicles... I totally understand im 6 weeks at the moment and that 12 week scan means im only half way there yet. Im nervous and worried as im sure everyone thats expecting wants everything to go well. Feels scary and exciting at the same time.

• Hello and welcome!

Congratulations!

I'm 7 weeks today too!! image with my second.

Totally understand what you mean, these first few weeks are hell, do you get excited or not....its such a rollercoaster of emotions!

Can't wait to get to 9 weeks first just to hear bubs heartbeat! image

• Morning!  Thanks to you all, it's lovely to have a bit of understanding and support! Always feel more positive in the mornings - just been for a run with the dogs (well run/walk, I have a good excuse to walk bits now!) 

baby boom it's good to hear from you, matching dates, lets hope all goes smoothly.  Are you having early scan at 9 weeks or listening to heart with a stethoscope thing that I can't remember the name of?!  xx

• Hiya - Congratulations and welcome to due in april. Im Mand, 26 from merseyside. Im already mummy to two cookie monsters and now Im 4+3 with number 3 and also having the same fears even though its number 3. Remember were all here and all have different advice and ideas etc which is great cos u can always get different perspecitves on questions etc. Hope u have a happy and healthy 9 months x

• Hey!

Yes listening with my doppler! Total life saver with my dd. Can't wait, then I can relax and enjoy! Touch wood.

• Welcome Franicles!

I can definitely sympathise with the worrying, cramps and boobs!! Although for me it's gone so fast already! I think when you already have a little one it seems to go a bit quicker.

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! Oh, and I'm 7 weeks tomorrow (kept thinking this morning I was 6+5 ... seem to have missed a day lol!!) xx

• Hi there

Im the same, its my first and im due around the second week of april... i think! My scan is in 2 weeks. Does anyone know how soon a doppler picks up a heartbeat? Im around 9 weeks - is that too early? xx

• Using a Doppler early on can be quite tricky. U can pick up so many other beating sounds. I found a beat but it wasn't quick enough and I googled

It and it was an artery. I was just brin inquisitive. Not sure if I'm 7+4 or 11+4. If I'm 11+4 I can't find a HB and it has worried me. Xx
  • Im sure all is fine. Ive read that its difficult to pick up a heartbeat upto 15 weeks in some cases. Going to try and be patient and wait till my scan. Although easier said than done! Want to know all is ok! When is your scan superking101?