Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cravings and food you now can't face.

Have any of you started to have cravings yet? I had a need for salt and vinegar crisps the other day (never eat them) and have been dreaming about fish fingers all day today! (off to supermarket tomorrow) I also had to make myself a bowl of mashed potatoes for lunch yesterday, really random! I've just had chicken and pasta for dinner and had to force it down, having asked hubby to cook tonight, didn't want to say I couldn't face it. I love chicken and pasta but think it will be off the menu for a while.

Replies

• He he at fish fingers!!!

Am craving fruit, and fruit juices at the moment and bland stuff like mashed potato and toast with butter.

Am completely off meat esp cold meats like ham etc, mini cooked sausages )which I normally love), in fact there are some in my fridge and every time I open the fridge door they make me heave!!! Am also off tea and coffee and my oh bought me a box of chocolates and the only ones I want to eat are the strawberry and orange creams....?! Normally I wouldn't even bother with them!!! So crazy!
  • You put me to shame with your fruit and fruit juice cravingsimage hahaha To be fair that was me last week. I know where you're coming from wit the cold meats, my hubby went shopping last night and came back with some deli meats i didnt notice them until this morning. Usually love them, today stomach turned. Was the same when i poured my mum a glass of wine on sunday. I had some olives earlier (hubby had bought them as a treat for me (one of my favs) they'll be going in his salad. I had a couple and they made me heave. Oh well! The only thing I've really fancied that I can't have is a dippy poached egg!
  • Thats funny I love olives too but can't touch them... But I'm also craving dippy eggs and egg mayonnaise sandwiches!!! Food shopping is a nightmare at the mo, I just feel rough the whole way round!!! How many weeks pg are you? X
  • No cravings yet but I cant stomach chocolate... totally gone off sweet things... in fact Ive very little appitite at all... do keep wanting burgers though but not sure Im wanting them badly enough to say its a craving.

I craved mashed potatos and dry crackers with my son. Indian currys (especially balti) with my daughter lol

• 6 weeks 5 days. How about you? It's the restaurant bit I'm finding hard, I went out with my family the other weekend and looked down the menu and either couldn't stomach it or couldn't have it! Went for lunch with my mum yesterday and ended up having a home made burger because nearly everything else on the menu had something in I couldn't eat.

It's my birthday a week on Saturday and we were going out for dinner, I've asked my hubby to cancel the table and cook me something at home. Don't think I'll be eating out much over the next 34 weeks
  • ohh cookiemonsters... !!! the same case with me here....!!! started hatin sweets... not even a spoon of sugar in milk ( used to be my fav)... no more chocolates... never expected this to happen as i love chocs and i never thought dat i can hate them image

very little apetite that my husband callin me to remind that its time 4 me to eat...!!!