Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013

Maternity jeans are a gift from god....

Yes I am a fatty to need them so soon but I'm just SO bloated! DH got my maternity clothes box out if the loft for me and I'm heaven. Just had to share! Xxxx

Replies

• I'm in heaven. Not I am heaven... You know what I mean!xx
  • lol i started wearing them seven weeks last pregnancy but probably needed them a week or so before! won't be long til i need them again. Im jumping into joggers as soon as i get home!
  • I'm in maternity leggings and have resorted to a belt belt wih my jeans etc and a bump band over the top.
  • That makes me feel better girls! Xxx
  • Im feeling ready for them... stupidly though I leant all my maternity jeans to someone and now I dont want to ask for them back cos I dont want anyone to know Im pregnant yet grrrrr Im desperate for them.

I started wearing them from about 10 weeks with my son but think im gonna need them sooner this time... funny how much weaker muscles are cos I didnt need anything until 23 weeks with my first image x

• Started wearing maternity jeans at 13 weeks with my first but that was because I was a mega skinny minny back then and wore totally skin-tight jeans so all the bloating meant my jeans were very uncomfy. This time round, however, I'm slightly more porky and love wearing my skinny (but stretchy with a bit of give) jeans and haven't had too much trouble with bloating this time, so fingers crossed I won't need them for a while yet image xx

• I cant wait to go to my mums on Friday and dig out my maternity jeans. Defo going to buy some maternity leggings tomOrrow x
  • Oooo I was thinking when do I swap wardrobes over....I keep thinking I'd be tempting fate to do it now....but sooooo want to! My denim skirts got to tight so I bought a maternity one coz my fashions changed loads since last pg. Maternity leggings are amazing though! Can't wait to get a proppa bump....not just bloated image

• Oh thank god I'm not the only one!!! I'm only 6 weeks, but feel so bloated and uncomfortable I could do with digging mine out!!

Looking forward to having a proper bump too.... There's something so lovely about a pregnant belly!!

I haven't told my mum yet, so may wait until Thursday when I see her. With my previous 2 babies I lived sooooo far away from mum so had to tell her over the phone that I was pregnant.

This time round, I live closer and want to tell her face to face but haven't seen her since last month... Trying all sorts of tactics to get her to visit (new garden, new bunnies, etc!) she even started getting suspicious and asked me if I was preg(!) I replied with "I flipping hope not, I went out and got tipsy last night!!".

I *think* I got away with it.... Lol
  • Aww Chili it will be lely to see her face when you tell er now that you live nearer.

I am a bit bemused at how I managed to survive for 9 months in just the few bits that are in my maternity box. There are some all important jens and trousers and a couple of dresses but it much else. I didn't realise at the time but must have just rotated the same 5 or 6 outfits! If we get through 12 weeks ok I'm definitely buying a couple of new things xx
  • Be lovely

Must proof read more!
  • I ended up going buying 2 pairs of maternity leggings this morning after getting dressed and feeling really uncomfy in my normal jeans... ahhhh i dont think i ever want to wear non maternity leggings again they are sooooo comfy lol.

Ordered a pair of mat jeans too and I asked for my maternity jeans back from lady who had borrowed them but she admitted she had ripped them and promised to replace them so i hope she does otherwise im gonna have to! grrr!!!

• Oh no re ripped jeans! Did she suss why you wanted them back!?!

Totally with you on the out of this world comfort of maternity bottoms. Give me an elasticated waist any day!!!
  • staying in today as its rainy out, Im feeling really sick and dd is unwell. i was tempted to loaf in old jogging bottoms but got out a pair of maternity jeans instead and Im so comfy and feel more dressed! don't think i really need them yet as my normal jeans do fit ive just got a really bloated sore tummy today.
  • My normal jeans fit too but they dig in when i sit down.

Yup she twigged but i decided to tell close family anyway so it was ok for her to know image x

• Off to work this morning in my normal jeans plus belly belt (can't fasten them) maternity jeans arriving tomorrow) can't wait. Decided against my comfortable maternity leggings this morning, I've tried loads of things on with them and I look more like I'm 20 weeks than nearly 8 my tummy is sooo bloated. Figured my jeans and a loose fitting shirt hides it better. Wonder how long I'll be able to keep it under wraps?! Hmmm hoping that if I can get through today and our two insets on mon/tues that once the children are back in school and everyone's busy they may not have the time to notice. Got lots I can wear in my work wardrobe to hopefully conceal my expanding tummy and can hide out in my classroom most of the time. Just got to get to that 12 week scan on 1st October and know all is ok!