Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When to tell friends.........

I am 6 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby and I am due 27th April 2013. In June this year we lost our 3yr old daughter after she bravely fought Cancer since she was a year old. She really wanted a baby, and 2 months after she gained her Angel Wings we found out I was expecting!!!!! Sadie would of been so happy and excited!!! I'd like to think that this baby had something to do with her. 

I never lost my baby weight from Sadie and now im pregnant again, I seem to be showing/bloating already! I can't keep it secret for much longer because A) I just want to shout it from the roof tops........and B) My belly is growing rapidly, I'd rather people knew i was pregnant instead of thinking that i had gained a few extra pounds! 

What do you guys think?

xxx

Replies

• Options
    So sorry to hear that you lost your daughter. That's great that you are pregnant again. It's such a personal decision when to tell people , in my last pregnancy I told close friends and I ended up miscarrying and was glad I had told them as they were a great support. This time round I saw 3 sets of friends for parties in the first 3 weekends and told them as I wasn't drinking and I am not a good fibber so found it much easier to be upfront!!!

So pleased for you x
  • Options
    Congratulations!

I'm sorry your brave lil girl lost her fight but I am sure she will have sent you an angel image

I agree with miniday its personal choice, a lot of my close friends know now but only immediate family. I'm 7+ weeks

• Options

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your daughter, I am sure your new little one has something to do with her! 

Such a personal decision. I have told my parents, sister and best friend simply for the reason that I needed someone to know so I could talk to them! We will probably tell DH's parents after our early scan at 9 weeks but until then I'm resisting the urge to shout it from the roof tops! x

• Options

congratulations on your much wanted baby, so sorry to hear that your lovely daughter lost her fight. Hopefully this baby will bring a little piece of her back to you.

when i was pregnant we found out very early (3 weeks!) so it seemed impossibly long to wait until scan time to tell anyone. I also dont really understand why people get so stressed about not wanting to discuss a miscarriage with those closest to them.

we therefore told nearest and dearest at 6 weeks but waited until 1st scan to tell everyone else. i would have wanted their support if things hadnt worked out.

our lo is now a year old and also loves babies! x

• Options
    I'm do sorry that your lovely brave daughter lost her fight... And I'm sure she sent you a new blessing to love and hold and a part of her came with it image big hugs xx

We lost babies to miscarriage before our daughter but we told everyone straight away. With our son we told family straight away then announced on fb after an early scan at 6 weeks.

This time we have only told my parents and mil. It's my booking in appointment on 3rd sept so think well tell others in family after that but not announcing on fb till 12 week scan this time. It's our last baby and I'm enjoying the secret image but I think it's personal preference and I dont think it should matter when u tell - do if u want to then go ahead and shout it from the rooftops image
  • Options

Hello an Angels Mummy and welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious little girl, and so pleased for you that you are expecting again.

At the moment, only my Mum and Step Dad and Hubby's parents know, I'm planning on telling my brother and SIL next wkd, and my Dad the one after that (I'd tell him sooner but we're going on hols together and it's nice to tell face to face if you get the chance).

Friends we won't tell til 12 weeks; I don't know why really, just last time I told a couple of friends at 11 wks and they looked really nervous being in on it when it wasn't officially past the "safe stage"!

xxx

• Options
    we're not going to tell anyone until we've had our twelve week scan and, fingers crossed, know everything is ok. this is partly cos we had a mmc at our last twelve week scan and partly because i know this pregnancy might upset some family members (long story) and i don't want to tell them until i know everything ok.
  • Options
    Hi Angelsmummy

Welcome to the forum

Heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your little girl. As the others have said I'm sure she has played a part in sending this blessing to you xxx

I swore last time I was PG that I wouldn't worry about not telling close friends and family until 12 weeks as I found it so stressful to keep it a secret. So close F+F know - haven't made a big announcement but each time I see someone and I'm not drinking I have to fess up....

H+H 9 mths

Xxxxx
  • Options
    ps really sorry to hear of your loss x