Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Booking in apt

Well ladies, all went well today at the apt. As I am confused on my dates and as AF was not right last time, she has put me down as EDD 19th march. Should get scan date soon so will know then if I am due in march or due in April. Got given all the usual leaflets etc. Seeing mw again on 10th September so she can take some blood. In a way I am hoping I am due march as I have less time to worry about making it to scan date but then I feel like I have abused my body for a month I didn't know I was pregnant. I'm sure the first test I would have taken would have shown up really strong if I was actually 8 wks so at the moment I'm still telling myself I'm only 7 weeks today. Sorry to ramble x

Replies

• Awww fingers crossed you wont have to wait too long for your scan hun and at least then theres less time worrying waiting and you will know for sure how many weeks u are!! x

• Hey superking

I'm due in april, 7 weeks on Friday by my calculations.

I called the docs when I found out I was preggo and rectionispt said I don't see a doc or anything til 10/12 weeks. Can I ask what happened at your recent appt, ie what they do to you etc, and how it differs from a 10/12 week appt? If you know!?

I'm worried I'm missing out on something! If should be seeing someone sooner to check everything's ok.

Thanks image
  • ella i would just go and see your doctor rather than talk to the receptionist as you usually have your booking in appointment with the midwife 8-10 weeks and then they arrange the twelve week scan for you at the hospital x
  • forgot to say your doctor should pass your details on to the midwives so you're on the system.
  • Glad all went well, nice to have the first milestone ticked off x
  • Hi.  MW completed my maternity booklet, asked all the standard questions.  MW said she would put my scan request through.  She took my blood pressure and booked me in for a week on Monday to have my bloods taken.  She gave me leaflets and Emma's Diary as she couldnt find the Bounty Packs (she was covering for the usual MW so didnt know where she kept everthing).  She reassured me everything was ok and told me to stop worrying about every little thing I am feeling.

MW said if I was 11 weeks and I didnt get a scan through straight away, I might miss the window for the Down's test where they measure the fold in the neck (I think-cant rememeber what its called) and the blood test. 

Think this is all she covered. The apt was supposed to be half an hour but we were there for an hour xx

• I think it's different depending on where you are. I phoned docs this morning to request an appt to tell the doc, and spoke to the receptionist (who was very lovely) and she said I didn't need to see the doc and booked me straight in to see the MW. Said I would have bloods taken at my booking in appt so everything will be covered then. It's on Tuesday at 3pm yay! Going to go and be sick now haha :/

xx