Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013

Stupidly painful tummy!

Hi ladies, I don't know if anyone else is having trouble with their tummies but mine is really playing up! It's not cramps where they normally should be, but a super-painful gassy feeling in my stomach in the evenings. I don't know if it's trapped wind (although think I'm a bit constipated, sorry if TMI) but it's really starting to hurt a lot and I'm not sure what to do ...

Anyone had/experiencing this? It's making me really hate food!

Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• I'm exactely the same! I'm glad u said this as I was too embarrassed!

I have found eating little and often over big meals, dried apricots, prune juice (I won't lie it's horrible) and tonnes and tonnes of water and juices are helping me.

Peppermint tea is really good too.

I went back to Pilates this week and I think that's help things get a wriggle on toimage

Hope some of that helps you too - not nice is it!

• Aww thanks hun! Gonna try to up my fluids because I've never really been one for drinking lots. (always forget to drink and my body doesn't seem to tell me when I'm thirsty anymore) so might try juices and dried fruit. I eat tonnes of apples so maybe that's blocking me up? Not sure ...

Anywho thanks for the tips hun. Was thinking of starting pregnancy yoga so maybe that will help things get going again lol xx

• Drink a ltr of pure Orange, eat bran flakes....give it two days and you will be cleared of blockages image

It sounds like your pain is due to your Constipation which can be common. So go for the quick natural fix then maintain it by drinking a glass of pure juice and bran flakes a day, this will also help increase your iron as bran flakes are full of iron and pure oj helps absorption. image

• Have to say I've stopped asking pregnacare (back to just folic acid) as it was making me so constipated and uncomfortable. Everything now seems to be errr moving shall we say so going to give it a couple of days and then maybe go back to taking pregnacare every ther day or something x
  • I have had terrible constipation TMI! And also get terrible pains in my stomach.  It has eased off a bit but I have been drinking tons and tons of orange juice so hopefully that will work for you too xx

• I am craving sweets and this has made me constipated. If I drink loads of water in the evenings things I back to normal

By the morning x
  • Also you could try low heat - I've got one of those herby heat pads you put in the microwave. I've been sitting that on my belly of an evening and it does seem to help me

xx

• Ahhhh awesome tips ladies!!! Thanks so much. I have been taking those Seven Seas pregnancy tabs so that might be partly to blame? Never even thought it would be down to that. Gonna try drinking tons of OJ, although hopefully it won't turn it round too much so that I have diarrhoea lol!! Ahhh the joys of pregnancy eh? Haha x