Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Should test line be as dark as control line by now?

OK I know I shouldn't have done it, but I took another test this morning just to check that everything is still OK (haven't done one for weeks) and the test line is quite a bit lighter than the control line (although it came up immediately). I think I'm 7 weeks now. Should it not be as dark as the control line or even darker by now? Or does it start getting lighter again?

I wish I hadn't done it cos now I'm totally panicking that things aren't progressing as they should. I'm sure the last test I took was as dark as the control line...

Any thoughts (I did need a pee in the middle of the night so could this be why concentration levels weren't as much?) Oh God I am a complete muppet.... image

Replies

• I don't know anything medically about it, but I'd have though that hormones etc fluctuate, particularly during the early stages? Plus I don't think pregnancy tests are made with "deepness of colour" in mind - I bet they're designed to just be positive or negative. So try not to worry. It's very easy to get wound up about things in the early stages.

It'll be better for you little bean if you stay calm and chilled.

And don't take any more tests!!! image Be patient, only 5 weeks to go until your scan

• i agree with Peewee step away from the sticks! i think that if you had a wee in the might it would have not been as concentrated x
  • Yup I agree too... no more pee on a stick!!!! Im sure its fine hun, just try and relax. Hubby said to me last week that I need to stop making problems out of things that arent problems and only worry about them when they need to be worried about... and I think thats maybe something good to hold on to... Big hugs hun and try not to stress too much x

• Thanks girls, I won't do it again!

I'm feeling better now, told hubby he thinks I'm worrying about nothing and that I can't do anything about it anyway. Just have to wait for scan and assume everything is fine til then. 

xxx

• Just stay positive. Taking numerous tests won't change the situation. That's what I told myself at the weekend when I took my last test (last out of about 9 taken so far since 3 weeks ago!)

I've also told myself to stop googling things but sometimes I can't help it.

Xx
  • In my first pregnancy (with dd) my lines never got as dark as the control line, but subsequent pregnancies - both ended in mc - I had super dark test lines. Try not to worry, I really don't think it has any bearing on the outcome, each pg is different and every ladies hcg will be different x