Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

wardrobe issues already :(

Im seven weeks today (not sure why my ticker is behind!) and i am to bloated Im seven having serious clothes issues! that and swollen boobs means i have very few tops at the mo. its my wedding anniversary tomoro and we're going out for e posh dinner and all of my going out tops are too tight and my stomach sticks out the bottom image not sure how long im going to be able to hide this pregnancy!

Replies

• Tops are fine (but then I was wearing my normal size stretchy tips right through my last pregnancy) but at 9 weeks I'm struggling with trousers. I wear them, but have the button open within about half an hour! Not a good look!!

Oh and happy anniversary! Ours is tomorrow image x
  • Oh this is me! I have some serious water retention going on, I feel huge.  But I remember feeling the same with DS at this stage.   I have a wedding to go to at the end of September and I have had to buy a maternity dress as nothing fits me!!!! Luckily should be 13 and a half weeks by then so hopefully I will have had the scan by then!!! x

• All my jeans are tight round my belly and I couldn't find my maternity jeans anywhere. I've got a weddin to go to 5th October and I'm hopin the dress

I wore to another wedding in June will still fit me. It was quite stretchy. Damn, I better check this when I get home! X
  • same for me, 1'm only 8 + 2, feel like everybody gonna guess, and its work trousers for me they just feel so uncomfy round the tummy, and i loaned my maternity ones to a friend, cant work out how to get them back without it being obvious why i need them x

• Hey hun, u saw my pic before Im huge... have even been researching if it could be twins that didnt show on my early scan lol. Im thinking people are gonna guess by looking at me soon x

Time for some new clothes?? x

• I'm 8+5 and have been living in leggings (maternity ones) for comfort since i was 6 weeks. I went back to work on Monday (Teacher) and have had to buy maternity trousers because I can't fasten any of my others. I haven't really put any weight on (1lb) but my body shape has definitely changed I also suffer from IBS and I am very swollen and bloated with that, which by the time we get to 3pm means I look huge. I am so far managing to keep it hidden but I don't know for how long.

It's my nieces christening the day before my scan and were hoping I don't get too big as we really want to be able to keep it quiet until we've had the scan, I have bought a maternity dress to wear for that which at the moment conceals it, just need to hope.
  • lol mycookiemonsters i just took a picture of myself in a test top and leggings and it is so obvious people must know :/ not sure what they are going to think Jo my job interview next week! i look about five months pregnant!(Im too scared to put it on the 2010 Facebook group in case it accidentally ends up on my wall!)
  • vest top not test top sorry!
  • If its any consolation I am easily as fat ad my sister who is currently 5.5 months pregnant!! Tummy is so bloated. Every now and then it deflates but mostly it's just huge. Caught myself side on in a mirror at work today. Really think everyone is going to guess well before 12 weeks....