Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bleeding, had a scare last night

sorry if tmi but last night i wiped and there was a smear of pale pink red. i had a bad bleed around the same time when i was pregnant with dd so Im so scared now as im worried i won't be lucky twice. i haven't had any since and i haven't got my booking in appointment until Friday. there wasn't enough to call the midwife about but im worried its going to all go wrong again image

Replies

• You can always ask to be scanned however small the amount, at least it will give you peace of mind.  I bled with this pg and my DS but with my MMC.  I'm sure all will be fine for you this time honey, but I know how worrying it is.  As long as it has stopped then it should be fine, everything crossed xx

• I'm sure everything will be ok. Contact ur drs and ask for a scan.

Tell them about your mmc from the other month. I'm

Sure they will see u. X
  • In some areas you can self refer to EPU and go get scanned to reassure yourself hun , sending hugs xx
  • thanks ladies i haven't had any more today (fingers crossed) and i cant really get ti the doctors until Friday anyway and got an all day job interview on Thursday so hoping it was just a freak thing. obviously if it started again Im going to call doctors and might have to miss the job interview :/
  • How are things today hun? X
  • nothing bad today. wore a liner and there was a tiny bit of yellow stuff, but that might be just cos of the pregnacare vits as they turn my wee bright yellow. roll on Friday for my booking in appointment
  • Fingers crossed for you Devon_mummy - I think I might try and book my midwife soon...I am starting to think I might be due in April! So, I might come and join you in this group!

• thanks Claire it would be nice if you did join us x you are always welcome to chat x (baby might come early anyway!)
  • Devon Mummy- glad all is ok today image

Claire- defo come and join us XX

• How did ur booking appt go hun? If u are worried I would just phone the EPAU if u have any more or feel concerned... seeing baba and a heartbeat might just put u at ease x

• hi mycookiemonsters i had my booking in appointment today and the mw said she cant refer me for an early scan unless ive had lots of blood accompanied by pain. she said you can get rsndom spotting or smears of blood because we all have polyps and during pregnsncy these can burst especislly after sex or exercise. made me feel a bit better as ive had spotting after busy and stressful days. so guess ive got to wait til twelve weeks. got my scan booked for october 11 and midwife says by my dates im 8+3 (my ticker is one day out) and baby due april 23
  • Good to hear that you feel a bit better. Try not to worry to much, your scan will soon be here and you will see your baby is happy and healthy image. Xx