Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013

Had to have an internal scan this morning

Hi ladies, I am 8+1 today going by my last lmp I started with some browny discharge on Sunday morning and panicked so I rang the EPU who said to ring back if it got any worse well it did and turned pinky, went for a Scan this morning but was told I have a tipped uterus therefore would need an internal scan I was fine with this had one with one of my previous pregnancies. Whilst scanning me she showed me in screen that there was a sac and also a fetal pole but said I was measuring less than 6 weeks. She could not be sure of she could see a "flicker" or not so did not want to say either way. I said that my last lmp was the 13th July and so I thought I was 8 weeks. I have to go for another internal a week today where she told me if things have no changed theme I will have lost my baby. I am absolutey shot to pieces can anyone offer any advice.

Replies

• oh Newman big hugs x fingers crossed that flicker turns into a lovely strong heart beat next week x
  • Have you heard your baby's heartbeat yet?
  • Oh hun I really feel for you, it sounds almost identical to my mc in Feb image I hope yours is a more positive outcome. When did you get your bfp? Could you have ov'd later? x
  • no i haven't had my first midwifebooking in appointment yet x you may have ovulated or conceived a few days later than you expected though x
  • Hope your dates are just wrong Hun. Fingers crossed xx
  • I thought I was 8+3 when she said I wasn't 12 weeks. When I asked how many weeks I was, she said 8 give or take a day. Checked the sac notes and baby was 1.3mm and 7-8 weeks. My cycles were always around 31,32,33 days so I reckon I ov'd late and I am now convinced I am only 7+6 today instead of 8+6. Fingers crossed its just ur dates and next week everything will be fine xx
  • Fingers crossed this is just ur dates... When I was pg with my DS i had bleeding at when I thought was 7 weeks... I went to EPU and she said I was only 6 weeks... however at my 12 week scan baby measured perfectly for my dates again... confusing or what but hes a healthy noisy messy funny 2 year old now! x

Fingers crossed it was just that baby is too small yet and u see a nice strong HB next week x

• Fingers crossed that everything is ok with your baby and that your dates are just wrong. Keep us updated. Xx