Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

first scan done. what is 1st trim. screening??

It was a great feelin watchin the baby for d first time..... i'm so nervous before my appt. but everythin's fine... !! my baby's 2.24 cm long @ 9 weeks.... donno if its the ideal length but doctor said everythin's fine.... i can see the baby's heartbeat.... but can't hear it as my doctor's equipment cant detect it .... but she said everythin lookin ok ...

She asked me to get ready for first trimister screening....!!! which includes two blood tests and one scan.. one@10 to 14 weeks+scan, one blood @ 20 weeks or so....

tension started again 4 me...... why she's refering to all these things?? is first trimister screening a common thing????? 

Replies

• Options
    I've already had all that done its normal xxxx
  • Options
    Aww that's really good news x i think the doctor is just talking about your twelve week scan, they take bloods then x
  • Options
    I had my bloods taken at 7 weeks and will then have more taken at 28 weeks I think the midwife said xxx
  • Options

my doc said that i need to be scanned between 10 and 14 weeks..and blood at the same time....!!! 

• Options
    Had my first scan today after a bit of scare last night but baby martin was kicking away this morning for the scan yeahhhhh can't wait to find out what I'm having on the 5th November xxxxxx