Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

i feel bad now! :-)

first time Iv been on in ages, was going to ask about comfort milk, lydia has just moved onto it but shes finding trouble taking it, I think its a bit thicker and her feeds are taking ages even though we're using fast flow and vari flow, any sugestion there??

anyway I now feel bad as it seems everyone except me is having their baby weighed and seeing the health visitor, anyone else not had baby weighed since 4 weeks?? Iv just been so busy, Iv organised a disco, 2 xmas events and a calendar at my daughters school so not had a minuite to myself!

Lydias doing very well, shes got a cold and feeling very sorry for herself along with coughing like a heavy smoking 70 year old, but still not much we can do. She has torticolis (sp?) and is set to start physio on friday (after a long drawn out battle with the new NHS systems) and quite typically she has spent at least 2 hours with her head to the right today, I bloody knew this would happen, just as she gets an appointment she has fixed the problem herself!

I have just batteled a months worth of ironing and am about to sit down for an hour while I feed lydia.

hope everything is ok with everyone and families, looking forward to babies first xmas everyone? x

Replies

• Hi,

I'm a bit of a lurker on Born in Aug as my baby was due in Sept but born Aug 31st.

I think he has torticolis too. He looks a lot to the left and we've been to an osteopath, who says it's not torticolis, whihc I know I should be satisfied with, but he seems to have all the signs. I have an appointment with the GP next week.

I was wondering if I could talk to you about how you approached it with your doctor and your experience generally?

You don't have your email button switched on - I don't mind at all talking about it on this forum but you can email me if you would prefer.

I'd be really grateful to hear about how you got on with the GP, how you got your physio treatment (sounds like it was hard) etc. You sound like a very busy mum so I understand if you don't have time!

Thanks very much

K xx

Sorry to hijack your thread btw! xx

[Modified by: kmw1809 on December 16, 2009 08:47 PM]

• Hiya, since 8 weeks I have only had my daughter weighed once- at 16 weeks. Also don't know if it's to do with where you live, but got signed off by my HV at about 8 weeks and haven't seen her since! I'm guessing some people are maybe still having home visits or something?

Helen x
  • kmw1809, i dont know how to turn on my email but its francesca_williams@hotmail.co.uk. my first sign was at about 3 weeks when we noticed her head was flat at the right (i got it wrong in my first post, im not good with left and right lol), message me anytime though x

littlerose, you have a health visitor until the child goes to school at which point they transfere to the school nurses, this is the same nationwide. when she signed you off it was probably just for home visits. glad im not the only one who has no idea how much her baby weighs though x
  • Hi Iansprincess,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't get online yesterday for one reason or another. I saw the GP today ans she didn't say she thought it was tort but she has referred me to a paediatrician. She could see what I meant about his head though.

Thanks very much for your help I really appreciate it. There are some lovely people on these forums.

Good luck wth your LO.

K xx
  • Thanks Iansprincess. Well I do have a tel number for her, so I guess I just contact her if I have a problem ...