Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Money ....

Hi Girls,

Have you all applied for child benefit / tax credits?

I applied for Child benefit a few weeks ago and got Harrison's birth certificate back after 6 days and a letter confirming payments last week.
They are back dating them to a week after his birth as they pay from the first Monday after being born but as he was born on a Monday he loses a week.

I recived my Child Trust Fund voucher yesterday - thanks to Shell who recommended Skipton. We're going to go with a savings account with them as I'm just not sure about shares etc. Got to go into town to a branch to open the account though as you cant do it online and I know if I try to do it over the phone Harrison will wake!!

I sent off for Child Tax Credits last week - I think we're only entitled to about 50p but hey ho!!
Anyone know how long it takes?

Lisa xxx

Replies

• Hey Lisa!
    Hope you and little Harrison are well!
    Sorry I cant help with child tax credit as we're still waiting on hubbys employer giving him a P60 which he had to ask for as has never had one since he started there! However like you we'll be lucky if we get anything! Defo dont qualify for working families tax credit!
    I have already received my 1st payment of child benefit, just about to get my second and still have had no info or the voucher for CTF. Did you jut receive it in the post after applying for child benefit?
    xxxx
  • HI SAS,

i got my first CB payment today.
    I got the CTF voucher and info in the post last week so maybe ring them and ask where yours is???

xx
  • yeh i defo will do 2mz!
    thanks for that! it does say on the website to call if theres been nothing in 4 weeks.

xxx