Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you do during the day?

Just wondering if I can be nosey about what you ladies and babies are getting up to during the day? I want to fill my day with interesting things for baby and me but am at a bit of a loss as to what to do each day, especially as my hubby takes the car to work with him...

Thanks again girlies.

Chiara x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Chiara, I know exactly what you mean. It must be even harder without a car. I try and go for a walk at least once a day to get out in the fresh air. Are there any local mother and baby groups near by which you could walk to? I'm going to start going to a water babies class on a fri in a few weeks once she's had her injections etc.
    It is lonely being on maternity leave, all my friends are in work. Try the website netmums as they have meet- a -mum meetups and if you register and go onto your local area they have a forum like this where people similar to ourselves in your local area post and you can meet up for coffees/walks with the little ones. It also has a list of baby classes in your area.
    Jen xx
  • Options
    My mum and dad are over everyday and my sister pops in. We then all have a walk down my local shops. Tbh the day then flies by and hubby is home. I plan to start baby massage soon, but tbh honest I am still nervous about going to far from home haha.....she is only 2 weeks old and i have only been to my mums and sisters on my own haha...

xxx
  • Options
    It is nerve wracking going out the first few times!

Well it seems to take an age getting us both ready in the mornings, as of course I want to sleep in, and I don't like showering while Haiden is awake either. Then I need to wait for her to wake up to get her washed- then the task of getting us both dressed!!

I often go to my mum's (she only works AM). On Monday's we visit my nan, and we go to clinic for weighing Tuesday or Wednesday. I have a friend with a baby so we meet up too.

I'm hoping to go swimming once the injections are done (first lot Friday!) xx
  • Options
    The days just seem to go by. I do the first feed of the day in bed usually, anytime betwwen 7 and 8.30am. Then we have a play and then I get Fred dressed and spend a while trying to calm him to go back to sleep. If this works, I have a shower and do some housework. If it doesn't I put him in his sling and do the housework that way and then when he's dropped off I get myself decent. It can be midday before I'm dressed and I've usually fitted another feed in there somewhere. i try to go out most days. My mum comes over or friends come round, or I just get on the bus into town and look around the shops. I'm always on tenterhooks when I'm out, anticipating the next feed and where I can go to get my boobs out! I am trying to do a bit less at the mo, cos I am so tired. i think I just tried to get back to normal really quickly and got knackered, so I am having some days of just lying on the sofa in the afternoons. I am moving in about 6 weeks so am holding off joining any groups until then. I feel I should be doing more, but then I read my baby books and there isn't really much else for him to do at this age. I just try and interact wit him as much as possible when he's receptive and cuddle and nurture him when he's tired or fed up. xx
  • Options
    I am going to mother and baby group on a Wednesday Morning and meet up with the other mum's we met on our NCT course on a Friday - once Grace has had her injections then we will be going swimming on a Tuesday, I have booked to do a baby massage course on a Thursday for the month of October, Mondays is a day for us which is nice. I spend the mornings just chilling and its wonderful!