Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

G/C advice on zoo/safari etc

Hi Ladies my LO is 6 months......he has really started to take a big interest in the dog and animals and I want to take him to a safari park to see the animals but know he is too young at the minute.

Your LO's are 7-8 months is this still too young or have they started to pay more attention to things like that now?

Thanks

K x

Replies

• Hi akaladyk!
    My little one is mega interested in animals aswell. The problem is that she grabs them and pulls their fur!!! We're going away in a few days and the place has a farm visitor centre nearby, we're going to take her and see what she thinks. She loves watching the ducks etc and like I say, she's a bugger with dogs & cats so i'm sure she'll love it. I noticed a massive difference in her from about 6 1/2months she's really come on and now concentrates for short periods and really pays attention...especially if she wants something! hehe!

I'm sure you'll notice a big difference in the next month or so and he'll love it when you do take him.
    xxxxx
  • Thanks for the reply Sapphire! We have a dog and I am dreading LO being able to move to the dog, poor dog gets, pulled/grabbed/sucked at any available opportunity LO can get his grubby chubby hands on him.

Cool so maybe a trip at 7 months will be worth it xxx

Enjoy your hols x
  • Evening akaLadyK!

I took my LO to Knowsley Safari Park on Mothers Day when LO was exactly 7 months old. He enjoyed it to some extent. for example, as you drive through some of the animals come really close and peer through the window, he was mesmerised when this happened. He couldn't see animals in the distance but he did enjoy gawping at the large trees too??
    We have a dog and 2 cats which he loves. The knows not to get too close as she will be groped and one of the cats stay well clear. The other cat is Alfie's best friend and she loves him as much as he loves her! She's sooooo tolerant and dashes over when he cries. It was partly due to this interest that we took him to the park.

Hope you have a fab time when you do go! Which zoo/park were you considering? Apart from Knowsley, the best zoo I've been to is South Lakes Wild Animal Park. You get really close to the animals and they have little monkey things running loose - babies would love this!! Not sure what area you're in but I'd def recommend it.

Shell xx