Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Major Scare

Hey on tuesday i was due for my booking in appointment. However, that morning i woke up and started bleeding, not just small amounts when i wiped but proper AF type bleeding i was distraught, so upset didn't know what to do. Managed to pull myself together enough to get to my afternoon midwife appointment. Sitting their at the midwife clinic with all the other pregnant women was awful i just wanted to cry, i could feel i was still bleeding and felt so sick. The midwife was amazing and so understanding she talked me through things and kicked up a fuss when the epu said they wouldn't be able to see me for almost 2wks!!!!!!!!! Anyway they managed to get me in for this morning. All tuesday night and most of wednesday the bleeding continued, i felt like a zombie and my poor children bless kept giving me cuddles but didn't know why. Yesterday i had no bleeding and then this morning at 11 went to the hospital for what i thought would be scan to see if i had fully miscarried, i couldn't imagine that amount of bleeding could possibly be anything else. They did an internal scan and to what i think was everyones surprise, wriggling around with a flickering heartbeat was our baby. i just sobbed, they put me a 6wks and 6days making my due date November 27th. They could see where they thought the bleeding has come from and said there was no reason why i shouldn't go on to have a healthy pregnancy. Sorry i've gone on, i'm so happy and giddy right now. The scan pic looks like a smudge holding a balloon, the smudge is the baby and the circle is the yolk sac.
Jo xx
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4054/4504731199_392c477b6c_m.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4028/4504790415_a1dfca7f4d_s.jpg

[Modified by: Jojomummy on 09 April 2010 14:43:01 ]

[Modified by: Jojomummy on 09 April 2010 15:00:23 ]

Replies

• Options
    How scary for you but very pleased everything is ok x
  • Options
    Ah hun, I totally feel for you, but am thrilled your little smudge is happily tucked up in there!

• Options
    Oh hun what a worrying time. I'm so so happy that everything is ok and you saw your little bean's heart beating away! It's fab news xxxxx
  • Options
    You poor thing, that must have been awful, but thank god everything is ok with your little baby. Im so happy for you.

Lisa xxx
  • Options
    So happy for you - your scan pick gave me a lump in my throat!! xxx
  • Options
    Sooo glad everything's ok. Must've been awful for you. Yay for little Smudge! image

Shell xx
  • Options
    Oh jojo, how awful to go through that, but what wonderful wonderful news! A lovely sticky baba. Hope you're having a really relaxing weekend with your family image

Helen x
  • Options
    Thanks everyone i must say i was totally flipping when i started bleeding, i've never had anything like that before and to put it bluntly was scared shitless!! I'm still worried if i'm honest even though i've been reassured that all is ok. Very strange to see our baby so early too, never had a scan at this stage before, its amazing how much they will change between now and 12wks - i keep looking at the pic and thinking "is that really a baby???" Thanks again.
    Jo xxx
  • Options
    So glad everythings ok, I had 2 very early scans when my little man was a little blob with a heart beat like your little bean is now xx
  • Options
    Ah I'm so pleased your little smudge is well Jo. Thanks for sharing the pic image Take care xxx
  • Options
    Please everything is well, you must have been so scared xxxx
  • Options
    I've just bawled reading this! So glad everything is ok. I had a similar experience when I was pregnant with Orla, so I kind of know what you must be feeling. Just try and relax (easier said than done I know), I spent the first 20 weeks worrying when I should have been enjoying it. xxx

Cat xxx
  • Options
    oh gosh Jo..... must have been so scary!
    Im so glad all is well! Lovely pic! So exciting!
    xx