Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Northern Meet Up?

As suggested on Bets post - lets get together again.

When and where girlies??
I know we've met in the Trafford centre before as it was central ish for those coming far and wide but its not great for babies is it - especially ones like mine that like to destroy everything in their paths now!! He he!!

Any suggestions?
There is a play centre round the corner from the trafford centre called land of play but i dont mind travelling further afield.

What dates are good? Monday / Tuesdays best for me but maybe a friday as I work every other friday.
What about in August sometime?

Lisa.

Replies

• Tues are good for me too, it's my day off work or every other Thurs too.

Has anyone been to Heaton Park in Whitefield before? I haven't but heard it's great for kids. There's a petting farm, park and plenty of space for a picnic blanket. Obviously you take a chance with the weather but there is a cafe. There's a metroloink station right at the park and various car parks so it's qute accessible for both those with their own transport or those relying on public transport.

http://www.heatonpark.org.uk/HeatonPark/Default.aspx

I'm also like the idea of Lisa's play centre suggestion. I'm open to suggestions image

Shell xx

[Modified by: floss78 on July 06, 2010 11:39 AM]

• oooooh i'd love to be able to meet up with some of you ladies. I have a friend living near the trafford centre so once you decide a date i'll look into flights, ryanair fly to manchester from the airport up the road from me.
  • Well,
    I am free all summer (apart from 1st week in Aug and 30/31st!), so whenever wherever is good for me and the whiz!

Heaton Park is ace, but soft play is also good, Isabelle love the road humps, she can spend hours trying to crawl up slides so it shatters her!

Shell, me you and Kirsten should have a meet at Curly Whirlees if you fancy it. I am a little bit addicted to their mango Slushies, they are amazing!

Bets XxX

• Hiya Bets,

Curly Whirleez sounds good for a mini-Bolton meet. I can only do Tues though or every other Thurs. I've heard they now charge for adults, is that right? If so how much is it? Another option could be Crommie Lodges (Moses Gate Country Park)?

Shell xx
  • Was just thinking, it's a shame we can't do a 'national' meet up as all the BE Aug girls are quite spaced out. Would be lovely to meet some of the others further afield too.

Shell xx

(lol @ spaced out.... you know what I mean!)
  • Hiya I'd love to come to a Manc meet as long as it's not too far-flung as I'm a public transport girl. My problem is if it takes ages to get there Roisin is tired and narky by the time we arrive! So the more central the better for me.

I'm a teacher so it'd have to be Aug x
  • I agree Shell!
    also there is no charge for grown ups (maybe they would if I went on the slide again!) at CW, we only went monday and it was free for us and the babies. Not been to Moses Gate in years, so that sounds good, are the geese still as scary?! Tues are fine by me, I will FB you and sort out details!

Helen, I can always do a slight detour around manchester and pick you up as I have two seats and Isabelle is a happy traveller!

Bets XxX
  • Ooh thanks Bets! Xx
  • ahhhh i wish i was closer cos id love to me you ladies!
    maybe nxt yr i can arrange a few days away with family around a meet up!
    xxx
  • I'm up for it too. We're away from 15th to 23rd July and 29th July to 4th aug. Mondays are best for me and I'm happy to go anywhere! A midpoint meet could be nice to meet the southerners too!

• What about 10th or 17th August?
    Can sort out venue later.
  • 10th is good by me and Peapy 17th is one of her little friends birthdays, but she will prob have the party at weekend anyway!

Bets XxX

• 10th or 17th are ok for me x
  • 10th and 17th are good for me too x
  • shall we say the 10th then?
    where does everyone fancy?
    xx
  • Ahh, sorry, just realised not replied to you MrsN....

yes 10th is good. (I've now made plans for the 17th - birthday shopping and garden-sortin-out ready for Alfie's birthday BBQ).
    Location I think is between Traf Centre or play centre - I'm easy but glad both options are indoors given the current crappy weather! I think I'll be calling at the T.Centre regardless of where the meet is for a spot of retail therapy image

Shell xx
  • Hey ladies I can't do Tuesdays cos of swimming right smack banh in the middle of the day. We are on summer break tho on 17th but it's Fred's bday. Have a lovely time though and arrange another soon. x
  • Hey ladies,

I'm thinking I might give this meet up a miss this time round. Things have been a little quiet on here so unsure if it's still going ahead??
    Plus I've barely seen hubby for the past few weeks (well, since May really since I've been back at work) as he's been working overtime loads so would be nice to spend a few hours with him.
    Maybe a meet-up mid Oct once birthdays are out of the way and during half-term could be a consideration?

Sorry to duck out

Shell xx
  • yeah lets cancel - i've a job interview the following day!!! so need to sort myself out for that.

xxxxx
  • No probs my lovvies. Would love to meet up again tho x x