Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dream feeds

Hi just wondering if anyone does/has tried dream feeding?

Was sooooooooooo pleased when at 11 weeks Roisin went for a whole week only having one night feed, bliss! But now she has obv changed her mind and gone back to 2, boo hoo :cry: (please be a growth spurt!) Now considering trying a dream feed when I go to bed as she goes down at 8ish which is lovely. Scared of disturbing her and waking her for the night though...

Dream feeds: yay or nay???

Helen

Replies

• I am now bottlefeeding and Grace (9 weeks today) dreamfeeds.

She is asleep in her crib by 7pm, and I take her out, change her nappy and feed her when I go up to bed which can be anytime from 10pm-11.30pm. She then sleeps through until 6am-7.30am.

She is awkward to wind following the feed, but falls back into a deep sleep as soon as her put her back in her crib.

Hope this helps,

Em x
  • Hi

Hubby does dreamfeed, he gets Reuben up doesn't do nappy doesn't wake him feeds him then straight back down, Reuben is pretty easy to wind, although I have read you don't need to wind if baby takes milk asleep has they are that relazed?
  • We've always done 'Dreamfeeding' although I didn't realise this was the name for it!
    We've always woken Alfie about 11pm for a last feed and he's slept through until 8am since he was 6wk old! He goes down straight after his feed (we wind him first) and he drifts off straight away.
    I'd definitely recommend it!

Shell & Alfie xx