Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trafford Centre meet up?

Hi Girlies -

Our last meet up was lovely and was wondering if you'd like to do it again?
I remember last time the Trafford Centre was central ish for those in the north west and around, though I'm happy to venture further afield!!

So do you fancy a meet up? Maybe end of April / early May?

What days are best for everyone? Thursdays and Tuesdays not great for me (but can work round it) but otherwise I dont mind. Just a thought there is a soft play place round the corner from the tc http://www.landofplay.co.uk/ would people like to try it? or would coffe/ lunch be better? Or both?

Let me know what you think and if anyone wants to suggest a date.

Lisa xxx

Replies

• Count me in! I don't start back at work until end of May so generally free before then although I'm on holiday 9th-16th May so can't do that week.

I thought the Trafford Centre was a good location but I'm easy. (hhmmm, shall I rephrase that? he he).

Is a weekday better or weekend?

Shell xx
  • I'm in, Weds and Fris are more difficult for us but I can rearrange Weds with a few week's notice. I just look after a firend's baby so she would need to find someone else.

TC is fine for us but happy to try Land of Play too. I'm prob back at work beg of Mayish so April easier. Oh I can't do 26/27/28 as going to the seaside!

• Hi I can come if it's in april but in may I'm back to work, boo! I can also make the first couple of weeks in june as it's school hols. Would be nice to make it but I understand if May is more convenient for people x
  • Hi MrsN, any day would be fine with me except Monday and happy to meet anywhere around the TC.

Let me know and we'll be there !

Claire xx
  • It's looking like April is more convenient for everyone.
    I reckon a weekday would actually be better as it tends to be quieter than at weekends but it just depends and what is suitable for everyone.

Shell xx
  • April works for me - I've got a splitting headache and feeling a bit rubbish today so cant think straight at all but will log on tomorrow and read through posts properly and suggest some dates. Sorry if thats a bit crap!

xxx
  • That's great Mrs N. I prescribe a nice Saturday night glass of wine x
  • I'd love to come so may see if I can work something out image Would have to be on the train tho as wouldn't be keen on driving all that way with the little fella.I've never driven more than 50 miles at a time on my own! lol I'll look out for dates and see what I can do image

K x
  • Hi I haven't been to a meet before but would like to come, I am in notts though sheffield (meadowhall would be closer) but I will check out the trains to Trafford centre if thats the plan. I can't do 12th to the 22nd May and i'm back at work 1st June. Tues Wed Thurs are good for me.

I haven't been on a train with lo before can you take prams?

[Modified by: #annette# on March 29, 2010 08:05 AM]

• Thanks for letting me know shell x I'd love to meet up again. Trafford centre or soft play fine with me.

I'm back in work now but only on a tue so any other day fine- fri best but I don't mind.

Anna x
  • I've just checked the trains and its 2.5hrs there and over 3 back with a change so don't think I could do that sorry guys would have loved to come xx
  • Annette, that's a shame you can't make it but I understand.

Yay, MrsBlue, you got the message then, he he.

Kirsty, would be great if you could make it. Must admit I'm not keen on driving long distances, psrticularly places I don't know!

I think if people are coming that don't know the area, maybe the Trafford Centre would be the best option as it's well signposted from the motorway and so easier to find. Plus there's eateries which is handy of people are making a day of it. Just a thought.

Shell xx
  • Ah that's a shame Annette, I'm about 45 mins/an hour from meadowhall if you ever want to meet up, I'm always happy to make a trip to the shops!
    xx
  • That sounds like a good idea slippers I don't know if there is anyone else who might want to go to meadowhall for a meet up should I do a post, i'm crap at organising things though x
  • Right then girlies - what about a Thursday? Seems a good day for people.
    H swims at 3.45pm but I can obviously be away by then and its not too far away.
    What about thursday 22nd?
    What time is good for everyone bearing in mind some of you will be travelling? 11, 12?

xxx
  • Thurs 22nd April is fine with me. 12noon would be my first choice for time, if not, 11 is fine.

Shell xx
  • 12 suits me - how does that work for everyone else?
    xx
  • 22nd great for me too, anytime is fine! x
  • I'm coming, i'm coming.... (busts in waving hands). Thanks for the reminder Shell. The 22 is fine with me and I think 12 should be okay. I'm going to put a reminder in my phone so that I don't forget this time x x
  • Sorry Annette I didn't see your other post! Yep I'm happy to come to Meadowhall too. I will post to see if anyone fancies it. xx