Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09

Hows everyone doing?

Hi girls,

This is my first baby so I dont know what to expect afterwards just like during pregnancy so was just wondering how you are all doing on the hormones/emotions front?

Ive been feeling very hormonal since about day 4 but definately notice its worse when Im over tired. I guess its natural to worry about it lasting. How are all you feeling? And for second, third time mummies how long does this emotionally rollercoaster ride last???!

Thanks
Claire xx

Replies

• Hi hun

With my first baby (12 yrs ago) I was an emotional wreak for about a year but since ive had Bertie I havent felt down or cried at all. Its only been 12 days so im not counting my chickens as there is plenty of time for my hormones to peak

Hope your feeling ok, make sure your eating properly and getting lots of rest.

Gxx
  • Hi Claire, this is my second baby.
    I can't remember how I felt after my first, I do know that I felt a little down but not sure how long it lasted.
    This time I was on a high for about 5 days, when I came down from that excitement I was on a real low. I was happy but at the same time I just felt down, when OH asked me why I was feeling this way I didnt have an answer. It passed after a couple of days and it wasnt all day it was mostly at night when we went to bed. I only cried once when I was having a shitty day from engorged breasts, backache and a contracting uterus on day 4.
    Feeling back to normal now, OH has gone back to work and the congratulations cards are down.
    Getting back into a routine will help.

Fiona & Ella, 15 days old xxx
  • Thanks guys, Im feeling better everyday and as you said Fiona it tends to be at night when Im tired and also worrying what kind of night we will have.

Today has been the first day things have felt abit more normal and Ive had a couple of hours to myself. Ive been out to the supermarket and am having my hair done in abit.

I know what you mean about a routine Fiona, I always say humans are creatures of habit and as much as we moan sometimes about the everyday routines in our lives, its actually what keeps us sane!!

Hope you are all well, Im looking forward to this forum becoming busier!!!

Claire & George 9 days old xx
  • Hi!!!! How fab to be in this forum now!!! I am doing okay, my beautiful daughter Ruby was born on the 4th August, she had an eventful entry into the world and we were both poorly so had a weeks stay in hospital, we are home now and getting back on our feet!!
    Ruby is amazing and I am loving being her Mummy, I am breast feeding her and she is a little piglet!! Tends to feed every 1-2 hours and sometimes more frequently at night, finding it very tiring but determined to keep going in the hope that she will start feeding less soon!!! Midwifes reckon she is just catching up from bring poorly, she is nearly back to her brith weight now!!
    Good to see this forum is starting to fill up!!
    Lisa & Ruby 17 days old xxxx
  • I'm pretty good- I haven't felt too bad at all so I'm quite pleased

I have had a couple of cries but I don't feel depressed- it is just the H2B is not being as supportive as he could be and I got upsetthe other day as he comes in from work and goes straight to his damn fish and not his daughter. Then he disappear for a fag (which is am so unhappy about) and he knows he can't go near Haiden after he has smoked

Nights are doing me in a bit- I keep falling asleep feeding her which scares me as I know they say it's dangerous to sleep with your baby in your bed but I can't really help myself! Funnily enough I'm not too tired during the day though. On top of that I have a slight suspicion that she doesn't want feeding when she is fretting in the night- she just wants me to cuddle her in bed which is a habit I so don't want to get in to! It's no sucking for comfort as I try her with a dummy and she doesn't really want it

Kimberley and Haiden 22 days xx