Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OUCH!!!! (breast feeding related)

OMG the pain I had last night, I had a blocked milk duct and my boob was massive and solid and there was no easing it at all. I tried hot compresses, hot water bottles, I had a hot shower at 4 this morning. I tried to feed Holly from it for an hour but she was hardly getting anything, I tried pumping it. Nothing was working.
So I texted my aunt this morning, shes a phlebotomist in a maternity hospital and she told me to keep using the hot water bottle, massage it and that Holly was the best way to clear it. By now trying to feed her from it was absolute agony, but one of the mid wives she works with told me to lay Holly flat, lean over her and let my boob dangle into her mouth. Thankfully its done the trick. Just thought i'd share in case it happens to anyone else image

Lisa xxx

Replies

• poor you. I had this at day 5 after birth, turned into mastitas...so horrible. Glad you have found a good position for feeding now. That's what sorted it for me I think, Bethany managing to get to it and drain it. But poor you. The pain is awful.
    Take care xx
  • i know the pain too ladies feel for u. keep at it tho!!!
    joxxxx